Arizona-Phoenix

Help! I have extra money and I don't know how to spend it!

My fiancé and I have been blessed with a tax return which will allow us to throw an extra $1,000 towards the wedding.  I'm making myself crazy trying to decide how to use it.  Our wedding will be in a friend's backyard, and while we are on a budget, I'm trying to make it as nice/fancy/formal as possible.  I am planning and organizing the whole thing myself, but I kind of think it would be nice to have a coordinator just for the day of the wedding.  My maid of honor is supposed to be doing my hair and make-up, but I wonder if it would be better to get that professionally done.  Or, we could throw it toward the honeymoon (a week in California at my two favorite places: Disneyland and San Diego) and stay in nicer hotels or even upgrade our Disneyland tickets to annual passes.  So, my question is:
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help! I have extra money and I don't know how to spend it!

• edited December 2011
    You should be able to get your hair and / or makeup done for under $1000, and still have a little extra spending $$ for the honeymoon
  • edited December 2011
    I'm torn between wedding coordinator and hair and makeup. I voted hair and makeup for the reason the PP gave, and with a wedding at home in a backyard, I would hope you could have someone help conduct the flow by making an announcement here and there when something important is going to happen.

Also, your pictures (and/or video) are what you have to look at once the wedding is over, so you want to look your best!
  • edited December 2011
    I think getting your hair and makeup done professionally would be a great investment!
    PS I'm going to be spending a day at Disneyland on my honeymoon too!! I love that place! :)
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the first post. Hair and make up can be done professionally for a whole lot less, so I would split it between the two.  Oh and also get some crest white strips for the teeth whitening.  You want your smile to be bright!
    Photobucket
  • sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say hands down DOC - this will make your day so much less stressful and let you truly enjoy every moment.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback, ladies!  I appreciate your advice! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RightTime2010RightTime2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote for a Coordinator. Since you are rolling with extra work of having it at home do you really want to be the one guests go to when you have run out of toilet paper. Having a professional that can head off questions and drama will save your face and keep your hair as nice as you can fix it with out running down the street in your wedding dress to get TP!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards