Arizona-Phoenix

Thoughts????

I am contemplating hiring a day-of coordinator for my wedding but am not sure whether I really need to or not.  Has anyone used one before?  Was it beneficial?   I also can't seem to find any price ranges or recommendations so if anyone knows about any of this please chip in your two cents:)

Re: Thoughts????

• edited December 2011
    How many people are you expecting at your wedding? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I looked around when I first started my planning, and since there is so much you can do online for free from websites like this. I found that I could pick and choose what parts of checklists I liked, stores that I would be intersted in checking out, and keeping a really organized wedding book with all my information in it has worked out really well.  It has saved me time by keeping everything in one place, and definately had made the planning process a lot easier than I was anticipating.  If you can afford one on your budget I hear that they are good to have, especially if you aren't an organizer, but I have enjoyed being able to know at every moment whats going on.  I have grown my relationships with my Vendors by doing it myself.

Also, I do event planning for the non-profit I work for.  We have tried to hire an event coordinator in the past and in the end it actually made it so we had more work to do, not less. 

If you want a reccomendation I know of one planner that is really great.  I don't know what her prices are like, but PM me if you want her information.  She is really creative and super organized. 
    Being weird is an asset! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Also, check to see if your venue provides a day-of coordinator. Ours does, so there was no need to hire anyone else...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_thoughts-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:c441e502-072d-4467-88e1-ec351aea6672Post:e0f00ec0-0dc3-4d69-ab2b-985bd6e66eb0">Re: Thoughts????</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, check to see if your venue provides a day-of coordinator. Ours does, so there was no need to hire anyone else...
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

I second this. Our church has a wedding coordinator who will help us with the rehearsal and the day of. Our reception venue also has a coordinator who will oversee the set up and clean up. Additionally, we will give the DJ a basic timing schedule for dances, toasts, etc and he will make announcements when it's time for those things.

Our church doesn't charge for the wedding coordinator, but we'll probably tip her or get her a gift. We're also going to invite her to the reception.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input!  We are expecting around 100 people.  Our venue does not provide an acutal coordinator, although there will be people there to assist with set up/clean up.  I think my overly type-A personality wants to make sure that everything is set up and runs smoothly throughout the reception as well!

• blue1981blue1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using a full coordinator for our wedding(s) (we are having two in two days becuase we wanted to celebrate both of our cultures) but she is incredible and does day of services as well. Her name is Sandy Walker and there is no way I could have done this without her...
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards