Arizona-Phoenix
Options

First post... so many ideas!

Hello everyone, this is my first post on here! I'm somewhat recently engaged, and I've been researching obsessively the last few weeks. I have so many ideas and don't know what direction to go. I do know that it will be a very small wedding- anywhere from 15-25 guests- and it will need to be on a very tight budget- $5,000, and even that is pushing it. We can afford more, but he doesn't believe in spending anywhere near this amount on one day, he would just go to city hall. I'm on the same page as him, but can justify spending a little more. Date will ideally be in Oct. 2011. 

ANYWAY, I have at least five ideas for the day and really can't decide, so if anyone has any input on any of these venues, please share!

1. The Farm at South Mountain garden ceremony, with a dinner reception at Quiessence
2. The Orpheum Penthouse in downtown Phoenix (I LOVE this venue probably the most, but it may be the most expensive, especially since I would have to stick to their caterers) 
3. Outdoor ceremony at Heritage Square Park, dinner reception at nearby restaurant (was thinking Nobuo at Teeter House, but I don't know if they could accomodate a fairly large party)
4. Ceremony in Scottsdale Civic Center park, dinner at one of Old Town's restaurants (AZ88 or FnB maybe)
5. Desert Botanical Garden ceremony, and probably reception there with catering (another expensive option...)

OR, we might just elope somewhere. It could really be any of the above. 

Please share any information you can!

Re: First post... so many ideas!

• Options
    alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Don't know too much about some of the venues you are thinking about - Are you wanting a Saturday night?

I'm guessing the Farm may have a minimum over 5K on a Saturday night in October, but it really is beautiful, so you would have to check.

I think I checked on the Scottsdale Civic Center park and you couldn't reserve too much out.

this is all just my thoughts and memory, so you probably want to check out all your above options to make sure.

Congrats and welcome to the board!  Happy planning!
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that the Farm on a Saturday night in October would probably be more than that.  I think that is the most popular month in AZ.  It is beautiful though, so if you were interested in a daytime wedding it might work.  I am October 2010, and when I was looking at venues in February/March of 2010 The Farm was already booked for every Saturday and Friday night in October.

If your are interested in other options, maybe the Japanese Friendship Gardens.

I have heard that at heritage square you are sharing your bathrooms with the homeless people, so that might be a down side.  That's just what i have been told.

Good luck and welcome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not familiar with most of your choices, sorry, but I've seen pics of weddings at the botanical gardens and it's beautiful! That would definitely be a nice option.
  • Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Would a courthouse wedding followed by a photo tour and small but classy restaurant reception be an acceptable compromise?  There's a bride on the national boards -- I'll come back and link her bio if I can find it -- who did that.  From the pictures, it looked amazing.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the feedback so far! It doesn't have to be on a Saturday, I guess it depends on the venue and time of day.

Sharing bathrooms with the homeless is certainly not ideal, but I'm thinking the ceremony will probably be very short. A courthouse wedding is sounding more and more suitable for our needs. I would just like it to be outdoors or somewhere pleasant. 

Celles, if you can find the bio you're thinking of, I'm interested in checking it out!
  • Options
    ibstephiibstephi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Terrace at Johnson Ranch
  • Options
    LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and congratulations!

I'm getting married at the Orpheum Penthouse. I don't know what day of the week you're looking at, but I believe it's $2500 for friday night and $3500 for Saturday night. You also have to pick one of their caterers, which are kind of pricey. I think just the venue and caterer would put you at or above $5000. They may be less expensive on a weekday or Sunday, though. It never hurts to check.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow this is my first post!  I am going to do a formal hello.  BUt wanted to say hi to another new gal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards