Ohio-Northeast

Wedding Ceremony Only Venues - Where are you?

Were getting married January 2013. What we need is a venue for the ceremony only for approx. 150 guests. Does anyone have suggestions for a location to consider having the ceremony? Of course it should be in a beautiful ceremonial setting OTHER than reception halls? Does anyone know of a church that would allow us to do this if we are not their members and if we bring a licensed officiate? Help...time is ticking

Forgot to mention; my fiancee enlisted in the US Marine Corps. But the job he wanted wasn't available for him to leave for boot camp untill Oct. 22, 2012... everything about the wedding was based on him leaving but they notified him one week prior to leaving for boot camp Thanks for listening. but ne suggestions? We are in Lorain, Ohio

Re: Wedding Ceremony Only Venues - Where are you?

• I don't know your budget or what you want, but I'll try. I normally suggest parks, but thast won't work very well with January in NEO...

I've heard good things about Springlake Party Center. But I'm not sure how close your venue needs to be.

You also may want to check out local country clubs- they tend to be geogeous, but pricey and although normally people would have their reception there as well, they may make exceptions.

Also, just call up some local churches. However, be prepared to answer why you want to be married in a church that you are not a member of. Also, many churches require premarital counseling.... You are less that 3 months out so see if that's even a possibility. But some churches will just charge you a fee and thats about it. They'll provide the officiant and even possibly and organist/pianist.

• The Catcholic Church requirements couldn't be met in the church of our worship due to the short time frames.we have in place.  The reception venue we scheduled wasn't the setting we would have wanted BUT doable.  But in Lorain, Ohio there is a venue available for many gatherings large and small that we will hold the ceremony.  It is the Historic Lorain Conty Transportation & Community Center.  It's beatutiful and not that costly...thanks for all of your replys  and have a great life with you and yours!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards