Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Could We Attend ur Wedding?

Hello all,
This may be a weird request but my hubby-to-be and I are hoping to get some ideas for our March 2011 wedding. He has never been to a wedding and wants to help me but feels clueless. If it's not an imposition and you don't mind 2 strangers at ur wedding please let me know when and where. I guess we want to be like the observers, similar to the show "Four Weddings" except we aren't judging and you won't be getting a honeymoon at the end!

Re: Could We Attend ur Wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The more into planning I've gotten, the more I wish I could do this.  LOL

My wedding is in March too though, so I would hope you have it figured out by then!   Good luck!
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Seriously?  I already had my wedding, but I would never allow 2 strangers to come, no offense.  There are plenty of pictures on the internet to give you ideas, that is the entire point of The Knot.  People plan weddings every single day without having ever been to a wedding or planned a wedding, I think you can figure it out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Seriously?!? This actually makes me (even more) nervous about sharing any sort of personal information or details on this board. I get that you want ideas, but there are a million pictures/books/articles/lists/family members/friends you can use to get help in figuring stuff out.  And since I'm already maxed out on space, the idea of giving two slots to strangers instead of people I actually care about sort-of sickens me.

Good thing I'm not getting married until July.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    NickDanielleBNickDanielleB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uhmmm, no.  I'm assuming that you're just in the beginning stages of planning but after freaking out about final counts and cutting the list and whatnot you'll understand that this is kind of a ridiculous request.

If you need ideas that bad, hire a wedding coordinator. Or talk in detail with the venue staff. They should also have a multitude of picutres for you to look through to get an idea of what you want.

You can also buy magazines and have him look through those. My FI has been to tons of weddings but he still didn't have the slightest clue about everything that went into the planning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just in case you didn't know, it's really rude to invite yourself anywhere, much less to a wedding, especially when it's for people you don't even know.  And, honestly, attending one wedding isn't going to turn your FI into a wedding coordinator.  Guys are typically useless in the broad spectrum planning, anyway.  They're much better if you do the research and present them with two or three options to choose from. 

There are about a thousand other ways to do research and get ideas.  Talk to married friends, relatives, and co-workers about what they did for their weddings.  Watch any of the many, many wedding-related shows on TV.  Buy wedding magazines.  Check out the main wedding boards on this forum and see what other brides are planning.  Use Google.  Read blogs.  Hire a wedding coordinator.  Watch "Father of the Bride," "My Best Friend's Wedding," "Bride Wars," or any other movie with a wedding in it.  Take notes.  Put together a notebook.  Mark what you like and what you hate and what you wish you could afford.  Go from there.

Good luck!   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Creepy.
  • Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about attending a wedding in your circle of family and friends instead??

I wouldn't have invited others outside of who I knew because of religious/cultural/traditional aspects of our wedding.  It's not about having other people come to your wedding to dictate what went bad and what was good, it sounds food critic-ish!

Start with your wedding planning and go from there.  Start with a budget, go to cake tastings, pick a venue, and follow what is in your and your fiance's heart in terms of your dream wedding.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    applemarieapplemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tjas23-
    Sounds like you are super overwhelmed and as wierd as it sounds...it is still weird.  There is a plethora of wedding sites and books to help.
    You tube is awesome...I will admit I looked up weddings on there to watch how it all flows and remember how the order of the ceremony goes.  Seriously, that might be your best bet!
    The ladies on TK are super helpful and if there are any ideas you need, we are here to assist!

Good luck with planning~
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OP, I'm sorry these ladies were not more helpful.  You may want to try a national board to get more hits.  May I suggest E?  Although, I am fairly sure you are on some already if you think I'm inviting you to my wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for understanding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could've kept that comment to yourself!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What's weird about wanting to get REAL information? I'll tell you what is weird...these shows where people let complete strangers critique their wedding for a prize or a man on TLC with four wives.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Then you shouldn't have commented at all!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I had an extra money for a wedding coordinator then I'd have one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't need a lesson on morals but thanks anyway for wasting both our time!!Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank u for the advice.
  • Options
    saric83saric83 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Wow...People can be incredibly rude.  It's completely understandable if people aren't comfortable with wanting to indulge the request, but it's not as though you showed up and demanded to be let in.  Chill out, ladies!

Anyhoo.....I would suggest maybe contacting some potential locations you're interested in and asking them to see the venue when it's set up for a wedding.  You obviously wouldn't be a guest and wouldn't be able to stay there during the event or anything, but hopefully, you'd be able to see some set-ups to at least to give you and your fiance some tangible ideas.  Good luck! Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards