Arizona-Phoenix
Options

help for an exhausted future sister in law

Hi all,

My future sister in law is set to be married this coming May. She just started a brand new teaching job and has no time for wedding planning. I used this board all the time when I got married 3 years ago, so I'm hoping for some serious help.

1. She has to rent all of her flatware, table settings, napkins, etc. Where are the best places for rentals? 

2. Rehearsal dinner- she is having around 30 guests, and getting married in Gilbert. Anyone know of any good spots for a dinner? 

3. The venue they are using for the ceremony and reception does not have any wait staff, they require you to set up, serve the meal, and buss everything yourself. Has anyone had experience with this and maybe can offer tips, layouts, etc?

Thanks so much in advance!

Re: help for an exhausted future sister in law

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If the venue and reception site doesnt have wait staff I would assume the only option would be to hire a catering company. There are companies that have full catering staff that will help you with the layout, setting up, etc. They should also be able to rent everything she needs for additional costs as well. And the great part is you won't have to worry about cleaning up after the party! 

I don't know of anyone in particular but I found a lot of my vendors by using the vendor review feature on Wedding Wire...but I'm sure plenty of girls here can give you a reference.

Good luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1 - the most common place for rentals is Y-Knot in Mesa. I found them to be expensive though, and I ended up using Encore Creative in Tempe. They actually had better linens and table decorations, were way more helpful and ended up being cheaper. Talk to Stefanie, she's awesome!

2 - the rehearsal dinner is going to be wherever she likes to eat if you're only having about 30 people. Buca di Beppo is good for that type of thing, they have large rooms with no room fee and three menus that you can choose from for your party. All their information is online.

3 - yes, PP is right, definitely hire a catering company to do all of your serving. Most of the time whoever you hire will take care of all the set up, serving, bussing and tear down. Depending on who you get for linens and decorations, they will also take that down for you as well. I'm using Special Moments Catering (friend of mine) and they are awesome. They have full waitstaff, great food and are fabulous to work with. Check them out.

Good luck!
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards