Arizona-Phoenix

Getting a Marriage License Downtown

Who's gotten theirs?

My fiancee and I have to go on his lunch break from work and are wondering about how long it takes.  What are your experiences?

Any surprises once you got there?

Re: Getting a Marriage License Downtown

• CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got ours at the court on Union Hills and it was a breeze. 30 minutes in and out and very pleasant staff.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, we have to go to the down town location because it's near his work. I'm worried they might get busier. We plan to go on a Wed. that's my day off.
  • sboobear03sboobear03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went downtown on a Thursday. It was fast maybe 30 mins tops. There was 2 couples in front of us.
  • tarynmichelletarynmichelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me and FI just went this past Friday and it took us maybe 15 minutes at around 10 in the morning. (I didn't know you could go to a different location...the lady I called to find out hours said you could only get your marriage license downtown?!)  A lot quicker than I expected! I thought it would be busy with a lot of other people doing other court things but it is actually in a seperate building accross the street that pretty much just does the marriage licenses and passports! (We only found this out AFTER going through security at the other place and doing another quick google search on FI's phone to try and find out where to go) Good luck!
  • tarynmichelletarynmichelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH and one more thing...they will ask if you want to also purchase the certified copy at that time, which is what you will need to change your name at the social security office. It's like an extra $26 or so, so the total came to just under $100! And don't forget your driver's licenses! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Do you know if they are open on Saturdays? If so, until when?
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_getting-marriage-license-downtown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:fda0e32b-ca36-42fc-89a7-32f9c9138d77Post:4948efdd-ce7c-4a20-8ab7-bc54586881a6">Re: Getting a Marriage License Downtown</a>:
    [QUOTE]OH and one more thing...they will ask if you want to also purchase the certified copy at that time, which is what you will need to change your name at the social security office. It's like an extra $26 or so, so the total came to just under $100! And don't forget your driver's licenses! :)
    Posted by tarynmichelle[/QUOTE]

Actually you don't....  I got my SS card and my DL with just our top copy of the marriage license.   I'm sure there's other things you need the certified copy for, but I'm not sure what.
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards