Illinois-Chicago
Options

Outside Pictures - Rosemont, Il

Hello -
I'm getting married in the winter in Rosemont, IL.  I am curious if there are any picturesque places to have some pictures taken outside or inside.  I don't want to go downtown because of lack of time.  So anything w/in a 15minute drive would be perfect - thanks!

Re: Outside Pictures - Rosemont, Il

• Options
    jen070480jen070480 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello -
    I'm getting married in the winter in Rosemont, IL.  I am curious if there are any picturesque places to have some pictures taken outside or inside.  I don't want to go downtown because of lack of time.  So anything w/in a 15minute drive would be perfect - thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     I know on the corner of Higgins and River Rd. is the waterfall with the little mini bridge.  It's pretty during winter since they have the lights up.  However, I think you need a permit to take pictures there. 

Otherwise I would maybe check out downtown Park Ridge.  I know it doesn't sound fancy or anything, but a really good photographer will probably be able to make it look cool by vintage lamp-posts or their vintage looking movie theater.
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Other than the corner of 72 and River, I can't think of anything within a 15 minute drive.  There's the forest preserves over betw Rosemont and Norridge on East River Road.

There's lots of hotels in Rosemont - go on their websites and see what their lobbies look like.  Maybe one of them would be a nice place for the indoor photos.
  • Options
    Queenteena18Queenteena18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Only about a 3 min walk from the waterfall, is a park.  It's behind the Westin o'hare hotel and like the waterfall requires a permit from the village of Rosemont, but it's not hard to get it.  My cousin took pictures at both locations and they were gorgeous.  The park has a lake, waterfall, gazebo, and ponds.  Tons of photo opts! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_outside-pictures-rosemont-il-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:0067f188-6ad2-4d17-8351-394881bfb7a3Post:94394053-56e5-4614-9182-f8194743b759">Re: Outside Pictures - Rosemont, Il</a>:
    [QUOTE]Only about a 3 min walk from the waterfall, is a park.  It's behind the Westin o'hare hotel and like the waterfall requires a permit from the village of Rosemont, but it's not hard to get it.  My cousin took pictures at both locations and they were gorgeous.  The park has a lake, waterfall, gazebo, and ponds.  Tons of photo opts! 
    Posted by Queenteena18[/QUOTE]

We took pics for my best friend's wedding at the same park. She had not problem getting a permit and I don't think it was expensive  either. BTW her pics came out gorgeous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards