Illinois-Chicago

Hotel Venues??

Anyone know of a decent hotel around the suburbs that is decently priced for us to have our wedding ceremony/Reception? We went to the double tree in downers grove but they cost close to $20,000 which is way out of our price range. We are looking closer to somethihng around $10,000, for about 200 people for a saturday. Anyone know of a decent hotel that can acommodate all of that? We want to have it at a hotel to accomadate our out of towners.

Thanks!

Re: Hotel Venues??

• You may want to consider a buffet style or luncheon for your reception.  Many times, the hotels will have a minimum they need to hit for a Saturday night.  We are having our wedding during Labor Day weekend and the minimum is $35,000.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    521image 126image 39image 356image RSVP Date: August 1
  • More then half of our guest list is out of towners too.  So, I made sure to book a venue that is close to a hotel (no more then 5 min away).  Also, if you make room blocks at some hotels, they will provide a shuttle service to and from your reception site.  We booked at the Abbington in Glen Ellyn, and will make a block at the Crown Plaza which will also have a shuttle service!  The Abbington is pretty reasonable pricing too, you should check it out!
  • Thanks Ladies!

I've had people tell me  that the abbington is pretty expensive, i wanted to check it out but after hearing that they were expensive i decided to check them off my list.
  • In Response to Re:Hotel Venues??:[QUOTE]Anyone know of a decent hotel around the suburbs that is decently priced for us to have our wedding ceremony/Reception? We went to the double tree in downers grove but they cost close to 20,000 which is way out of our price range. We are looking closer to somethihng around 10,000, for about 200 people for a saturday. Anyone know of a decent hotel that can acommodate all of that? We want to have it at a hotel to accomadate our out of towners. Thanks! Posted by kshah05[/QUOTE]

Are you looking to spend 20000 overall or is that your venue budget?

We chose the William Tell in Countryside and it is really budget friendly. Also, they have a really awesome unique room, the Atrium. I have nothing but great things to say. Our total wedding for 200 guests on a Saturday was 20000.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_hotel-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:02b0f64b-0eff-4af1-8a81-3e4f4cf6d78aPost:254a82a0-6ded-4683-b999-0530edd62fdd">Hotel Venues??</a>:

I am having our wedding at Arrowhead Golf Club in Wheaton and have many out of town guests.  You dont really need to have it at a hotel to accommodate out of town guests.  Our hotel that we used for our room block, the Wyndham in Lisle, has free shuttle service to and from the venue and I got them to $90 a night for guests. 

Hope it helps!!!

[QUOTE]Anyone know of a decent hotel around the suburbs that is decently priced for us to have our wedding ceremony/Reception? We went to the double tree in downers grove but they cost close to $20,000 which is way out of our price range. We are looking closer to somethihng around $10,000, for about 200 people for a saturday. Anyone know of a decent hotel that can acommodate all of that? We want to have it at a hotel to accomadate our out of towners. Thanks!
    Posted by kshah05[/QUOTE]
  • jls522jls522 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    We looked at golf clubs for our ceremony/reception and many of them referred us to hotels in the area that would offer free shuttle service for out of town guests. Are you looking for an indoor or outdoor ceremony location? Seven Bridges Golf Club in Woodridge was very affordable and had connections with the Hyatt in Lisle. I think their indoor ceremony space could seat about 120-130, but the outdoor space could handle your 200 guests. The coordinator there is amazing.

We're also getting married at Arrowhead and have the same deal with the Wyndham as my entire extended family will be coming from out of state.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is actaully a city location but have you looked into Holiday In Mart Plaza?  Their room miminum (for thier large room with an amazing view) I belive for Saturday night is $13,000.  the rooms are $159/night.  It has amazing views and the food is great.  Just a consideration.  We are from the suburbs but decided to hold our wedding downtown, as it wil give our out-of- town guests some things to do.
  • I think the Abbington can be a good price.  The only thing is that you have to pay CASH.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    521image 126image 39image 356image RSVP Date: August 1
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_hotel-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:02b0f64b-0eff-4af1-8a81-3e4f4cf6d78aPost:c7413d11-98e1-4317-a30a-7034715a2484">Re: Hotel Venues??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Ladies! I've had people tell me  that the abbington is pretty expensive, i wanted to check it out but after hearing that they were expensive i decided to check them off my list.
    Posted by kshah05[/QUOTE]

I would check it out anyways... They were pretty comparable to other places we looked at.  Plus thier food is amazing and thier hall is beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards