Illinois-Chicago

Printer recommendations??

I'm designing all of the stationary for our August 2013 wedding in an attempt to save some money and because i havent found anything i like. I'm trying to find a full-color printing service that offers a variety of card stocks, envelopes, etc. Obviously, low pricing is ideal, but I want to make sure the quality is there. Does anyone have suggestions on printing services they've used (local shops or online/sent-out)?? I would love it if I could get stock samples as well. I'm familiar with CatPrint (not enough variety in stock) and Vistaprint (haven't heard any reviews). I would love to hear what some of you guys are using!!

Re: Printer recommendations??

• I decided to use Vista Print because I wanted to save money by using Groupons. I purchased 7 Groupon’s for $17 each and usually only pay for the shipping on each order… so I spent a little less than $250 on everything that I will need stationary wise. For the paper quality I upgraded to the highest quality that they offer which is : Premium, 100lb. White Matte Stock.

They have several options available and you can order the wedding kit for free on their website. Here is the link: https://secure.vistaprint.com/wedding-sample-kit.aspx

This is what I ordered with my Groupons:

150 Save the Date’s

140 Return Address Labels for the STD’s

150 Wedding Invitations

140 Return Address Labels for the RSVP’s

150 RSVP Cards

140 Return Address Labels for the Wedding Invites (back of the main envelop)

50 Rehearsal Dinner Invitations

250 Wedding Place Cards (I used these for a short Thank You to place at each table setting at the wedding)

120 Envelops Seals for STD’s

120 Envelops Seals for Wedding Invitations (I used one of our engagement pictures and they turned out awesome)

20 Personalized Cloth Small Tote Bags (I plan to put the wedding party & parents gifts in these… they were less than $2 each)

150 Wedding Programs

One thing… the quality of the wedding invitation envelops isn’t wonderful, but I think I am kind of to the point where I realize that I am likely the only person who will care. If you’d like me to send you some examples of what I purchased (I have lots of extras) let me know.

All and all…. Great quality for the money and so much less stress than doing it myself. I originally wanted to do pocket folds and then figured out that my whole summer would be spent making them : ) That’s likely an over-estimate, but I decided that purchasing them was the best for me.

Hope this helps. 

• Holy Moley!! All that for $250?! I'm definitely going to order a sample kit! Vistaprint seems to be a very good option, definitely on the list now. I'll have to keep an eye out for groupons.... Thanks abussen! :)
  • <div>Absolutely! I was very happy with that cost and the quality. It was hands down what I have saved the most on so far :) </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_printer-recommendations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:05dd29aa-0773-40d4-849a-8da682ba1d17Post:e26378a1-bf55-43ba-aeec-bd8628bf1c75">Re: Printer recommendations??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy Moley!! All that for $250?! I'm definitely going to order a sample kit! Vistaprint seems to be a very good option, definitely on the list now. I'll have to keep an eye out for groupons.... Thanks abussen! :)
    Posted by hannah_76888[/QUOTE]
  • Yeah, I just ordered all my stuff for $145 total on VistaPrint!  Yay for Groupons and discount codes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• VistaPrint is a good route but I purchased everything myself and had them printed.  I used paperandmore.com, they have the best prices, selection, and highest quality.  I did pocket invites and had it all printed at Office Max and FedEx Office.  Office Max will do all of the cutting as well for next to nothing.  International Printing Press is great too if you have one near you.
  • edited May 2012
    I'm planning to do the same for my invites.  I picked out my paper from paperandmore.com. I am going to design the invites and have Staples or OfficeMax do the printing and possibly cutting.  I'm buying regular A7 card envelopes from craft stores with the 40% off coupons they always offer.

For STD's and some other stuff I'll be using Vistaprint -- they often have freebies and coupon codes and you can get STD post cards for next to nothing or business cards to use as tags on invites, wedding website cards, or thank you notes at place settings.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_printer-recommendations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:05dd29aa-0773-40d4-849a-8da682ba1d17Post:4f5cc233-71b5-445d-a04a-0d85ca237ac6">Re: Printer recommendations??</a>:
    [QUOTE]VistaPrint is a good route but I purchased everything myself and had them printed.  I used paperandmore.com, they have the best prices, selection, and highest quality.  I did pocket invites and had it all printed at Office Max and FedEx Office.  Office Max will do all of the cutting as well for next to nothing.  International Printing Press is great too if you have one near you.
    Posted by cpollaccia[/QUOTE]
  • Thanks guys!! This is all really helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards