Ohio-Northeast

XP: Vendor Reviews 10/1/11

Venue:  Michaud’s, Strongsville, OH  (A)

Great service, food, staff, atmosphere and budget friendly!  You would never know there are 8 banquet rooms, no one bothered us at all.  The food was incredible for being a buffet (we had chef carved prime rib, seafood stuffed sole, herb buttered noodles, roasted redskin potatoes, green beans and carrots, salad and rolls.)  We were also able to bring in our own alcohol which cut our costs a lot and let us choose exactly what we wanted to serve.  We highly recommend Michaud’s!

Photographer:  Elle Photography, North Canton, OH (Lindsay Finneran)  (A)

Lindsay is great to work with and our photos are stunning.  Very satisfied!

DJ:  The DJ Company, Avon, OH  (B)

The owner is a bit of a chatterbox so I felt like we wasted time during our final meetings—what should have taken 15 minutes took an hour.  However, they did a good job at the wedding (provided both ceremony and reception music) and I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a middle of the road DJ without fancy lights, etc. 

Cake:  Becker’s Bakery, Fairview Park, OH (A+)

Easily the best cake in town.  We tasted a ton of cake and by far Becker’s is the best.  Cakes are freshly made, never frozen, and they will create your vision in sugar and flour!  Highly recommend.

Officiant:  Uniting Hearts (Nora Custer)  (A)

Nora was great to work with, she provided suggestions for readings and custom wrote our ceremony which was just beautiful. 

Invitations:  Paper Trails, Rocky River, OH  (A)

We absolutely loved our invitations and programs that we ordered from Paper Trails.  They have invites at every price range and really help you with all the little (annoying) details like addressing envelopes.  They even help with etiquette which I really appreciated!  Highly recommend.

Dress:  Filene’s Basement  (A)

I found my dress at Filene’s Basement running of the brides sale and it was just perfect.  Too bad the Filene’s in Northeast Ohio is going out of business.

Alterations:  Julianne’s Bridal, North Olmstead, OH (Denise)  (A)

I had some minor alterations (train shortened, bustle, and taking the bust of my dress in) and Denise’s work was great.  Very affordable too.

image "As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma." Sri Guru Granth Sahib

Re: XP: Vendor Reviews 10/1/11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards