Ohio-Northeast

Wanna share your Ohio planning tips?

Hey Ohio brides, I need your planning secrets. Basically, what planning tips would you give to other brides in the area? Maybe where to take great photos in Ohio or a non-chain place in your city for honeymoon lingerie, a great place for a day-after brunch or where to take advantage of local food? Any tips that are unique to your area for brides and grooms. Tell me what’s up. Thanks in advance and have a great week! KA
Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: Wanna share your Ohio planning tips?

• edited December 2011
    I took some beautiful e-pics at huntington beach in Bay Village there are tons of spots. and also Whiskey Island in Cleveland.

~Michelle
  • edited December 2011
    A few pointers for Cleveland/NE Ohio weddings:

For Cleveland/NE Ohio weddings, if you want a "unique"(i.e. non banquet hall/hotel ballroom) location, be sure to book EARLY.  The unique locations are kind of few and far-between (especially if you anticipate more than 150 guests) and they can charge an arm and a leg for their rental fees because they are in high demand.  Booking early can often get you the previous season's prices.

Consider vendors in-and-around the Akron area.  Most will travel to your location without a fee because it is close enough, but being outside of the greater cleveland area affords them to charge lower prices.

Do your homework when it comes to musicians/live bands.  Be sure to see them live.  Many of the bands in the Cleveland/NE Ohio area are oversold or undersold on their website.  Also, ask around.  Ask friends for band recommendations.  Often you can get a discount if you have a referral.  You may have to see several bands to really find one you like, but it is completely worth it.  Plus, you can make most of those nights by repurposing as "date nights" with your fiance :)

• LoopysevenLoopyseven member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took our E-pics by Brandywine Falls and in the little town of Boston nearby.  Old time gas pumps, a building with a big front porch and rocking chairs, some train tracks - we got some fun pictures. 
  • HarvestKarmaHarvestKarma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a newer restaurant called Palate on the West Side of Cleveland (Strongsville)
    http://www.palatecleveland.com/

It has an amazing atmosphere, contemporary gourmet cuisine that is perfect for a rehearsal dinner or day after brunch.  The menu is seasonal and they do a phenomenal job of incorporating fresh and local ingredients into their cuisine.
    image "As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma." Sri Guru Granth Sahib
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards