Illinois-Chicago
Options

Make up

Hi There,I kind of feel bad because I cancelled services with this makeup artisit today because of an email, plus I thought she was a little pricey.  Does anyone have any good recommendations for a make up artist that will come to your place or not? 

Re: Make up

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You cancelled your services because of an email? Because she only contacted you by email? I booked Sonia Roselli yesterday. I thought her work by far was the best of anyone in the city. Plus I didn't want to keep going to trial after trial when I could have the best. I figured I would spend $200-300 in previews just to find the right one. All of her girls are nice and are all commercially trained. Most have a large celebrity A list. I am flying her to NY to do my wedding. I wanted to work with someone here to do other event makeup for me. I also signed up for packages of facials too. If Sonia isn't in your budget, I am sure any of her girls are great. She told me she personally hand picked each of her girls. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    princessczprincesscz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cynthia Sally does wonderful work and is reasonably priced in my opinion.  She also comes to you.  I was very happy with my results.
  • Options
    mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In my siggy I have a link to some makeup artists that other knotties have used. If you go to their profile many of them have pictures in their married bios.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Monique Madrid and was very happy with everyone's make-up.  She is reasonably priced, and will come to you.  I have a full review in my married bio.
  • Options
    cocob2000cocob2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Cynthia Sally, she is GREAT!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Candice Sansone. Vendor review and info in my siggy. She will come to you at no extra cost, and she is reasonably priced. She did fabulous work for me for my bridals, wedding day, and b-pics.
  • Options
    gkb0910gkb0910 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I third Cynthia Sally.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jill Gosser was fantastic. She did a fantastic job on everyone's makeup at my wedding. SHE WAS WONDERFUL. http://www.jillgosserbeauty.com/
  • Options
    ericamugericamug member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love Love LOVE Kim Piech out of Glen Ellyn.  She will travel to you for no extra charge, and she does hair and makeup fabulously.  $65 for hair and $65 for makeup, and that includes lashes.  She did my trial, engagement session, epics, bridal shower, wedding and bridal portraits and I loved working with her everytime.  If you google her name you'll find her website.If you want to see pics of her work from my wedding you can email me:ericamugnaini at hotmail dot com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sonia Roselli is AMAZING and what she does. I was super picky about my makeup artist when I was trying to decide this, but I contacted Sonia based on everyones recommendations. I had her do my makeup for a photoshoot not too long after that and she did an awesome job... I felt like she made me look like the best version of myself and didn't make me look overdone (which is usually the case). I have semi acne prone skin and you could hardly tell that my face had blemishes in the pictures.  Sonia travels on location as well as the artists who work under her. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Erica Haynes and she was fabulous! She does lashes and air-brush, travels, is super sweet, and has VERY reasonable pricing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards