Illinois-Chicago
Options

How did you/bridal party and groom/groomsmen get to the church?

I just hired our limo for after the ceremony to pics and reception, but am trying to figure out the logistics of us all getting to the church. Me/bridesmaids from my parents house, and FI/groomsmen from hotel. Since we will be taking the limo bus afterwards, I don't want to leave cars stranded at the church, but don't really want to rent the limo bus for 6 hours. And I would rather not be lugging around luggage/overnight stuff in the party bus! I guess mine and his parents can drive us separately (bride and groom), but they def don't have enough room for all the attendants as well.... Any advice?

Re: How did you/bridal party and groom/groomsmen get to the church?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying to figure this out as well. Luckly for us, we have friends and or family that have very large vehicles. My mom drives a big white conversion van! We can fit our whole bridal party in there...for the most part! I don't want to hire a limo for the 6 hours either. I'm completely ok with pulling up in my moms van! One of the gm owns a big black suburban...so I'm hoping he won't mind using that as a shuttle as well. Transportation is low on my list of priorities. I'm making do with what we have. Good luck!
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if this is an option for you, but I was concerned about the "getting everyone back to their cars" issue to.  I had everyone meet at the reception venue, the shuttle picked them all up there and brought them to the church.  That way, when the reception was done, everyone's car was there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards