Illinois-Chicago

Bridesmaid's Dresses Poll!

1) Where did you get your bridesmaid's dresses? Who's the maker? 2) About how much are your dresses costing your bridesmaids (incl. tax + shipping)? 3) What do you think is an appropriate price range to ask your bridesmaids to spend on their dresses? 4) Have you ever had to buy a specific bridesmaid dress for a wedding you were in and worn it again? Please Share!

Re: Bridesmaid's Dresses Poll!

• edited December 2011
    1) Where did you get your bridesmaid's dresses? Who's the maker? Pearls Place - Mackenzie Michaels 2) About how much are your dresses costing your bridesmaids (incl. tax + shipping)? $1153) What do you think is an appropriate price range to ask your bridesmaids to spend on their dresses? I'd never ask more than $150 unless it was easily wearable again4) Have you ever had to buy a specific bridesmaid dress for a wedding you were in and worn it again? Nope never worn any of them again
  • edited December 2011
    1) Where did you get your bridesmaid's dresses? Lee Phillips. Who's the maker?  Jasmine2) About how much are your dresses costing your bridesmaids (incl. tax + shipping)? $1143) What do you think is an appropriate price range to ask your bridesmaids to spend on their dresses? I wasn't going above $150 and that's not including their shoes4) Have you ever had to buy a specific bridesmaid dress for a wedding you were in and worn it again? I've seen it done, but I've never worn a bridesmaid gown after a wedding.
  • morgie44morgie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) Where did you get your bridesmaid's dresses? Who's the maker?   We got ours from Netbride Saison Blanche - They chose the brand together and each girl chose her own dress.2) About how much are your dresses costing your bridesmaids (incl. tax + shipping)? They ranged from 120 to 150 from netbride but were 170 to 230 at House of Brides3) What do you think is an appropriate price range to ask your bridesmaids to spend on their dresses?   My goal was to stay under 2004) Have you ever had to buy a specific bridesmaid dress for a wedding you were in and worn it again?  I've never actually been in a wedding. 
  • January BrideJanuary Bride member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    1) Where did you get your bridesmaid's dresses? Who's the maker?  Our bridesmaids dresses were "Lyndsey" by J.Crew.  We actually purchased our dresses from eBay in "new with tags" condition.  2) About how much are your dresses costing your bridesmaids (incl. tax + shipping)?  The dresses typically retail $260 or so, but we got each dress for about $100 or less by doing the eBay route!!3) What do you think is an appropriate price range to ask your bridesmaids to spend on their dresses? I think it 100% depends on your friends.  A few of my friends had just graduated from vet school and one was pregnant, so I wanted to keep the price as low as possible.  I have been a bridesmaid at least 6 times and I have paid anything from free (gift from the bride) to $250.4) Have you ever had to buy a specific bridesmaid dress for a wedding you were in and worn it again? No, but most of the weddings I was in had long bridesmaid dresses.  I have been in one wedding with a short dress, and it's bright red.  I LOVE it and will wear it if I ever need a red dress.
  • edited December 2011
    1) David's Bridal 2) $135 + tax + shipping 3) Around $100 4) I was never a bridesmaid.  But I hope my bridesmaid would be able to wear this dress again. 
  • raeynraeyn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) Where did you get your bridesmaid's dresses? Who's the maker? We got them off the rack at White House Black Market. Originally I chose black because I wanted my girls to be able to wear something they already had and still coordinate to some extent, but then it turned out that both wanted to buy something new so I asked them to get the same dress. 2) About how much are your dresses costing your bridesmaids (incl. tax + shipping)? The dresses were on sale for $60, though one girl will have to get hers altered a bit. She wasn't there when we bought them so I didn't know what size to get. 3) What do you think is an appropriate price range to ask your bridesmaids to spend on their dresses? I agree with January Bride that it really depends on your bridesmaids, but I'd also add that it depends on your wedding. I'm really not spending a lot on my wedding, so it seemed wrong to ask my girls to buy expensive dresses. 4) Have you ever had to buy a specific bridesmaid dress for a wedding you were in and worn it again? I've never been a bridesmaid, but I know people who have worn the dress again and people who never will.
    imageimage
    BFP on Jan. 18; EDD Oct. 1
    EDD Oct. 1image
  • edited December 2011
    1) Where did you get your bridesmaid's dresses? Who's the maker? Net Bride.com ; Dessy Group 2) About how much are your dresses costing your bridesmaids (incl. tax + shipping)? $128 3) What do you think is an appropriate price range to ask your bridesmaids to spend on their dresses? Up to $150, no more. 4) Have you ever had to buy a specific bridesmaid dress for a wedding you were in and worn it again? Nope...
  • schaiblejenschaiblejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) I just told them to buy a black cocktail length dress that they liked2) three of them got them from Macys for under 100.00 my other bridesmaid is re-wearing a dress she work in another wedding
  • edited December 2011
    1) Where did you get your bridesmaid's dresses? Who's the maker? David's Bridal2) About how much are your dresses costing your bridesmaids (incl. tax + shipping)? $1303) What do you think is an appropriate price range to ask your bridesmaids to spend on their dresses? Around $1504) Have you ever had to buy a specific bridesmaid dress for a wedding you were in and worn it again? nope
  • edited December 2011
    1) Where did you get your bridesmaid's dresses? Who's the maker? Irena's Bridal in Villa Park. Jasmine (Belsoie)2) About how much are your dresses costing your bridesmaids (incl. tax + shipping)? $1353) What do you think is an appropriate price range to ask your bridesmaids to spend on their dresses? I think it depends on your bridesmaids. I think anything over $150 is too much, but I have people ask me to spend over $200. 4) Have you ever had to buy a specific bridesmaid dress for a wedding you were in and worn it again? I've had a buy a specific dress, but I've never worn it again. I donated a some of them to the Glass Slipper or charity.
  • edited December 2011
    ) Where did you get your bridesmaid's dresses? Who's the maker? Macys.  Betsy and Adam2) About how much are your dresses costing your bridesmaids (incl. tax + shipping)?  $1403) What do you think is an appropriate price range to ask your bridesmaids to spend on their dresses? I think it depends on your bridesmaids, but I didn't want to go over $150.  However, my sister/MOH picked them out by herself and she's on a budget so I figued the price was fine.  4) Have you ever had to buy a specific bridesmaid dress for a wedding you were in and worn it again? Not once.  I've never worn any bridesmaids gift jewelry again either.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

It's Always Sunny on St. Paddy's Day
  • edited December 2011
    1) Where did you get your bridesmaid's dresses? Who's the maker? J. Crew 2) About how much are your dresses costing your bridesmaids (incl. tax + shipping)? Choice of three styles, so ranging from 150-200 3) What do you think is an appropriate price range to ask your bridesmaids to spend on their dresses? Under 200 4) Have you ever had to buy a specific bridesmaid dress for a wedding you were in and worn it again? Yes and no.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • edited December 2011
    1) Where did you get your bridesmaid's dresses? Who's the maker? Pearl's Place-Bill Levkoff Dresses2) About how much are your dresses costing your bridesmaids (incl. tax + shipping)? They retail for $210ish but we got them for $130 3) What do you think is an appropriate price range to ask your bridesmaids to spend on their dresses? I agree that it depends, however I did not want to go over $150. 4) Have you ever had to buy a specific bridesmaid dress for a wedding you were in and worn it again? I've only been a bridesmaid once, and I will never wear that dress again!! It was bubble gum pink and long.
    imageimage
  • disneyfan0511disneyfan0511 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) Where did you get your bridesmaid's dresses? -VIP Occasions- Who's the maker? -Beloise- 2) About how much are your dresses costing your bridesmaids (incl. tax + shipping)? ~$200, it's high but the girls all came with me to pick it out and knew the price 3) What do you think is an appropriate price range to ask your bridesmaids to spend on their dresses? -No more than $200 4) Have you ever had to buy a specific bridesmaid dress for a wedding you were in and worn it again? -Never, same w/jewelry. I tried to be conscious of this when picking the dress and deciding that I wasn't going to get my girls jewelry - letting them all acessorize as they please.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1) J. Crew- various styles in cotton cady fabric 2) Got them on final sale for $50-$150 (retail is much more)3) Anything over $200 is crazy to me4) Yes, I have reworn on of my BM dresses.  It was a more casual J. Crew style in navy and I wore it a year later to a wedding for a totally different group of friends.
  • edited December 2011
    1. Aria.. they are all ordering online. Aria only has show rooms in Boston and NYC. 2. About $140 plus shipping3. no more than $200. 4. I've only been a bridesmaid twice.  The first dress I won't wear again.  The second one, MAYBE. but only if its a really formal event because it's floor length.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards