Illinois-Chicago

POLL! Just for fun =)

The boards have been pretty quiet lately so I just wanted to do a quick poll for fun! Favorite purchase and why?Biggest wedding day fear? Best gift so far?If money wasn't a problem, what would you splurge on?What does FI do that drives you crazy, but you secretly laugh about?What is one reason you know he is the one?

Re: POLL! Just for fun =)

• Lizzy.ThackerLizzy.Thacker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My favorite purchase is my shoes! I sometimes put them on just to walk around the apartment!!!Biggest fear- Strangely enough I'm scared Best gift is soooooo my dyson!I would splurge on the location. I loved the Ivy Room but just couldn't afford it. Something big like that!He always leaves empty water bottles laying around. I use to get so irritated because he wouldn't just take it to the trash but now I just get a little giggle out of it. I'll never tell him that though. LOL.Every night he makes sure to kiss me goodnight. No matter what the day has been like and I love him for that.
  • disneyfan0511disneyfan0511 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Favorite purchase and why? Our wedding bands.  We put a lot of thought into what we got engraved in them and we did it together.  It was really a fantastic memory.Biggest wedding day fear?  Nerves - I really don't want to be nervous the day of...Best gift so far? Kitchen AideIf money wasn't a problem, what would you splurge on?  Food & Bev - I love when people bring out late-night snacks or have an after party.  Those things just weren't reality for us, I would've loved to be able to do that.What does FI do that drives you crazy, but you secretly laugh about?  He starts laundry because he thinks he is being sweet, but then he never puts it away.  It's a joke now, but it used to drive me totally nutsWhat is one reason you know he is the one?  I have so many more reasons than one... but he changed my life once I met him and I can't imagine not having him by my side.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    favorite purchase: My DRESS! biggest wedding day fear: i honestly don't have any! best gift: haven't received any yet. what would I splurge on: An awesome honeymoon to Tahiti! what does FI do that drives me crazy but laugh about?: He's VERY forgetful. I'll tell him something and 2 hours later he has no clue what I said. one reason I know he's the one: he's the most caring and loving person I've ever met.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Favorite purchase and why?I haven't bought that much yet, so I don't know.Biggest wedding day fear? My sister trying to upstage me.Best gift so far?Our honeymoon. FI's mom is paying for it.If money wasn't a problem, what would you splurge on?Reception location. If I could afford the Blackstone, it would be there.What does FI do that drives you crazy, but you secretly laugh about? Thinking that he has an opinion... J/K...LOLWhat is one reason you know he is the one? He accepts the fact that I don't like to wash dishes...:-P
  • edited December 2011
    Ha, I wish my fiance would accept the fact that I don't like doing dishes...Favorite purchase and why?  My dress!  It's the Enzoani Cheryl, and the  sample fit perfectly when I tried it on in the store.  Oh, and it's the only article of clothing that has made me cry, even though I swore I wouldn't be one of those crying brides...Biggest wedding day fear?  That I will or he will get cold feet.  I watch the Sex and the City scene where Carrie gets dumped over the phone, and I cry every time.  I would hope that if either of us have any apprehension about getting married that we can talk it out well in advance.Best gift so far?  Well it's not an official gift, persay, but his parents are basically picking up the tab for our Hawaii honeymoon!  His dad's using some of his miles to fly both of us first class too!!!  And we're staying on Waikiki beach for a couple of days and then going on a cruise all on their dime. (That and it's the only present we've gotten so far)If money wasn't a problem, what would you splurge on?I would splurge on location as well.  I think it would be amazing to be married on a Vineyard in France with about 50 of our closest family and friends...What does FI do that drives you crazy, but you secretly laugh about?I hate that he says he's going to do the dishes and then he only does a couple of plates and forks...then he's all proud of the fact that he's done a half dozen dirty dishes.  I've found that the only way to get him to do them is to make it a group activity.  I wash and he dries.  It's cute and coupley.What is one reason you know he is the one? I can spend time with him and do nothing at all, and I'm okay with that.  He makes me feel comfortable in myself, like I don't have to prove myself to him.  It's nice to finally be with someone that I don't have to pretend around.
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • edited December 2011
    Favorite Purchase:So far, I really really love these beautiful cufflinks I bought my fiance as his gift. I know, cufflinks! But they have this beautiful antique-y/pewter look to them, but it's still...modern, which goes so well with our wedding. They were on sale and I can see us passing them down to our sons (assuming we have at least one). I just love them!Biggest Wedding Day Fear: There's a lovely staircase in the home we're getting married in that leads right up to the back doors and into the backyard. I'm so scared I'm going to trip down those stairs. That would be so me!Best gift so far:A gorgeous china set from my MIL's collection. She hasn't formally given it to us yet, but she asked me to pick a set out. I was really touched. It means ALOT.Splurge:I would go on an amazing honeymoon. FI and I are foregoing the honeymoon for a year. To save up and have something to look forward to!The FI MUST have dessert after dinner. I never have dessert after dinner. It's maddening, but endearing. =)I know he's the one 'cause I feel whole and complete when I'm with him. We're a perfect fit in so many ways.
  • edited December 2011
    Favorite purchase and why?  Hmm, I THINK it would be either our wedding bands or this small photo pin/penandt thing I am getting him for a suprise.  It is a small pin with a picture of his father in it that I will be suprising him with on our wedding day. (FI father passed away years ago)  I am going to write him a little note saying that he should pin it to the inside of his tux so his father is even more "with him" on our big dayBiggest wedding day fear? Tripping down the aisle, tripping coming in the reception, just tripping in general...I am VERY clumsyBest gift so far? OMG I <3 my Dyson too!!  Fi's parents are helping us with our Honeymoon to Hawaii as well and are using their points to bump us to first class too!!If money wasn't a problem, what would you splurge on?  I would have so many more fun extras. I would have a bag piper after the ceremony, or like a dessert bar for later in the eveingWhat does FI do that drives you crazy, but you secretly laugh about?  Wow I can TOTALLY relate to the laundry issue.  I thought I was the only one!!  FI most definitly does the laundry...but yeah only have way and NEVER puts it away.  It does make me laugh a little cuz its so crazy, but it also really does drive me crazyWhat is one reason you know he is the one? Very simply stated....He is my best friend
  • edited December 2011
    Favorite purchase and why? So far it would have to be my thank you parasol. :) But I haven't bought much yet.Biggest wedding day fear? Tripping down the aisle, my father not coming like he is threatening.Best gift so far? No gifts yetIf money wasn't a problem, what would you splurge on? Flowers and HoneymoonWhat does FI do that drives you crazy, but you secretly laugh about?  Hmm his OCD habits with some things drive me nuts but i think its cute too.What is one reason you know he is the one? He can handle me on a good day and bad day.
  • raeynraeyn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [b]Favorite purchase and why?[/b] My favorite changes every time I buy something new! Right now it's my earrings. [b]Biggest wedding day fear?[/b] That I'm going to be way too stressed out and wish I'd ponied up the cash for a DOC. [b]Best gift so far?[/b] None yet. [b]If money wasn't a problem, what would you splurge on?[/b] Tons of things! A DOC, chiavari chairs, and floral centerpieces to start. [b]What does FI do that drives you crazy, but you secretly laugh about?[/b] A lot like Lizzy's FI, only mine leaves pop cans everywhere. I tease him that I've instituted a new rule that I will not bring him a new drink if there are more than two cans on the coffee table already. [b]What is one reason you know he is the one?[/b] He's always honest with me, even when it's hard for him to be honest with himself. No matter how mad we are, we can always talk about it and try to understand the other's perspective.
    imageimage
    BFP on Jan. 18; EDD Oct. 1
    EDD Oct. 1image
  • edited December 2011
    Favorite purchase and why? My dress, it is just exactly what I envisioned. Biggest wedding day fear? My dress is so form fitting (mermaid) and I have to pee allllll the time, so I am afraid of having to go to the bathroom a million times in that dress. Best gift so far? None yet. If money wasn't a problem, what would you splurge on? Reception location. It's in the burbs for a reason. What does FI do that drives you crazy, but you secretly laugh about? FI is so particular about everything and he is super picky. I love all food and it's hard to cook for him. If he sees a mushroom, he freaks out. What is one reason you know he is the one? He is the most loyal person I have ever met.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards