Illinois-Chicago

** Vendor Reviews 8/22 **

I know it's almost October, but my wedding doesn't seem that long ago! I used a few vendors that really don't get mentioned here too often so I just wanted to let everyone know about my experiences.Ringsengagement - Robbin's Brothers  highly recommendMy fiance really liked working with his salesman, Jim. Jim was great and worked with Ritani to have a special version of one of their rings made for me. Unfortunately, they have closed all of their Illinois locations.bands - Traditional Gems, 12 S Wabash recommend with reservationsTraditonal Gems was able to make both of our bands in palladium and they did it in three weeks! I thought we got a really good deal on my band but when another jeweler went  to clean it they discovered one of the diamonds was loose and that it had kind of a blemish or mark. Overall I am satisfied with our rings.Invitations - http://www.papeteriestore.com  reccomendModern looking invitations. Great quality and a reasonable price. I LOVED the way our invites looked but a couple of my emails went unanswered by the company. They emailed me that my ordered had shipped and several days later I emailed them inquiring about a tracking number and they never replied! I was really paranoid about them getting lost or damaged since they were coming from California. Fortunately they arrived in great shape and they even gave us a few extra envelopes!  They do charge for samples but they tuck in a coupon code card wtih the sample! DH's suit - Jos. A. Banks,  1847 N ClybournreccomendDH picked out his suit during a buy one get one free plus get two free dress shirts plus get two free ties sale. Incredible bargain! The cost of tailoring was a little bit high and the customer service was a bit spotty. The salespeople were a little overwhelmed wtith such a huge sale going on. But they were also friendly and helpful when they got around to helping us.  My dress -  Kelly Neuls, page me for infoHighly reccomendKelly is an old friend of mine who offerred to custom make my dress as her gift to me. She draped two toiles for me and did an endless amount of fittings to get the dress just right! She also designed my lace jacket and hand sewed parts of it to ensure that the lace would hold.  God only knows what I would have gotten marriend in if it hadn't been for her talent!Hair - Angela at Lather, 1826 W MontroseHighly reccomendLather is my regular salon and is the only place I will trust with my eyebrows! Angela totally understood the vintage pin-up look I was going for and rocked it out! She was totally prepared for the trial and took pics with both her camera and mine. My hair held up all day and even looked good after our post reception trip to a club. Kass did my Mom's hair and it looked really great. She managed to give my mom a lot of volume to fufill her request of big ol texas hair but the stlye still looked sophisticated and fresh! Their prices were also way less than having a stylist come to the hotel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards