Illinois-Chicago
Options

Spam???

Has anyone else been getting an enormous amount of wedding related spam mail lately? I have no idea why, but within the last week or so I have had about 100 emails from random vendors, bridal expos, etc and I don't know where they are getting my info from! I haven't attended any bridal events or shows and am wondering if dress shops give out this info? It's driving me crazy!!!

Re: Spam???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've gotten alot too!  Via email, and through regular standard mail. It is starting to annoy me as well!! I'm not sure where they are getting the info either.. maybe bridal shops are giving out info..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I first started wedding planning I anticipated this and created a gmail account solely for wedding related things. This email address does receive tons of wedding advertisements, but it doesn't bother me because it's not spamming my main email addresses.
  • Options
    amberb612amberb612 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think when I registed at Macy's they gave out my address. The reason I think this is because I'm getting Cincinnti wedding stuff and not Chicago. I have also replied to a couple of emails letting them now I'm not intrested or have already choosen a vendor. I don't know what's been going on the past couple of weeks but It's been overwhelming.
  • Options
    chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to say that some dress shops (esp the bigger chain ones) do give out contact info.  I don't fill in any contact info until I'm ready to sign a contract - not since I went to a bridal expo and was getting dozens of spam emails a day.  I just wrote them back and said "Please remove this email address from your list." and they did.  I haven't gotten any more than usual lately, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    under the account profile on the knot you can turn off the ability for them to share our info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards