Illinois-Chicago

Bridesmaid Dress Question

So, my girls are ordering their dresses, and 4 out of the 5 girls are ordering from the same place.  My sister, though, the MOH, lives out of state, and was going to oder the dress through a store out there.  However, the lady at that store said that if she orders it separately, it may be a different color, since it will not be from the same spool of fabric...for those of you girls that had girls from out of state, how did your order process go?  Did any of you have issues with ordering dresses from separate stores?  TIA!

Re: Bridesmaid Dress Question

• edited December 2011
    I have 10 bridesmaids, 6 of which are out of state. I had all of the girls call in their measurements for their dress to the same place, here in Illinois. I didn't even think of the colors being different (excellent point), I just didn't want to worry about dresses coming in at all different times. Or one not coming in at all. Because of the large number of dresses we ordered, we also go a BIG discount and that was also important for me; I didn't want everyone having to shell out a ton of money. The dress ordering deadline was last night and all of my girls ordered! WooHoo! :) Let us know what you end up doing! :) Have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!! Kate
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • edited December 2011
    If you have them order from different stores,  you do run the risk of having them a slightly different color. You would be better off having her send in her measurements and order at the same time as the other girls. I was just in a wedding and I was the out of state girl! I just ordered over the phone from the shop all the other girls ordered from. Worked out well.
    imageimage
  • duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been an out of state BM more times than I care to admit. I've never had a problem with dye lots being so out of whack that anyone notices. Many times that is a pressure approach by the store to ensure that they get all your business. Especially with stores like DB those dresses are not custom made and instead are massed produced and mailed out. Very rarely is every dress going to be personally made when ordered so they wouldn't come from the same lot, anyway. I really don't think it is anything to worry about but if you are that concerned have the BM get measured and have her place the order over the phone with the store the other BMs are ordering from. But, if you do insist she does that I would make sure you cover her shipping charges or any other costs associated with getting her the dress in another state.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!  I didn't even think about it, but the [place that is out of town that my sister went to was the one that mentioned it, surprisingly, as now they will not get our business for the one dress she was going to get...although we will probably get the flower girl dresses there (the flower girls are her daughters/my nieces).  Thanks for you input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards