Illinois-Chicago
Options

Invites-Inner envelope?

Hello Ladies,I'm beginning to look at invitations, mostly on etsy.com.  Are you having an outer and inner envelope?  My mom thinks this is neccessary to stress who exactly is invited. So we don't have children we barely know there.  For instance the outer envelope would say"Mr. and Mrs. Jones"  and the inner would say "Joseph & Mary"  For a family where we are inviting the children, the outer would say "Mr. & Mrs. Jones and Family" and the inner would say "Joseph, Mary, Hannah, and Lily"I am not sure if this is done anymore.  I have received invites with and without them.  I would think it would be hard to stay within the standard postage rate with both. Is it necessary?Thanks for your help!

Re: Invites-Inner envelope?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing the pocketfold invitations so I am not using the inner envelope.  We are just writing "adult reception" on the RSVP and reception cards.
  • Options
    chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not using inner envelopes, either. I think they're a waste of paper. Then again, we're not excluding kids or anything like that so it's no big deal to us. If, for whatever reason, people RSVP with extra people who aren't invited, we'll just call them and let them know that we can't accommodate any extras. Even if you DO have inner envelopes, people will still try to sneak extra family members in - it's not going to save you much hassle at all. A lot of people don't even look at what's written on the inner ones, me being one of them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing inner and outer envelopes because all the elements of our wedding are pretty traditional.  If you're having a more casual wedding, I don't think they're necessary.
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had them for our wedding. I felt like they were unnecessary when we ordered the invites. Looking back, they were a splurge, but our invitations looked even more special.
  • Options
    NoronNoron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't use inner envelopes.  Everyone invited was on the outside of the invitation, and our family already knows, through word of mouth, that our reception is 21 and over.We'll how it works!  I just sent them out yesterday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2, 2010
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    EDD October 10, 2013
  • Options
    Litgirl77Litgirl77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I only did outer envelopes and it worked out fine. We addressed the outers with everyone who was invited. The only issue was friends who were dating, but not living together. Since I talk to them on a regular basis, I just mention to them that their significant other was welcome to attend. People were really cool about not assuming that they could bring someone (I was surprised!). We only had two weird requests to bring dates - one was a cousin and one was a friend from college. Not too bad!
    Married November 2009 ~ TTC since Jan 2011
    IUI #1 (unmedicated) - BFN
    IUI #2 (unmedicated) - 4/9/12 = BFP!
    Due 12/31/12 - Sam is here! (12/26/12)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards