Illinois-Chicago

Brides Beware: Incommunicado Sales & Catering Staff at the Radisson Blu Aqua

We were interested in viewing the Radisson Blu Aqua’s ballrooms for an upcoming wedding. I contacted the staff a few weeks prior to our departure (did I mention we were flying from Los Angeles) and despite my numerous e-mails and phone calls over the next few weeks, NO ONE replied back to schedule a time for us to view the ballrooms.

Moreover, when I called the day before and the day of to see why no one scheduled, we received no explanation for the lack of communication nor was any attempt made to rectify it. I was left a voicemail stating that while no wedding coordinator was available that someone from the staff could unlock the rooms for us if we still wanted to see them. "Unlock the rooms," despite the fact that we flew from Los Angeles, e-mailed for two weeks and called, no one on their staff could be bothered to meet with us. Seeing as weddings are such huge revenue generators, that's a bold move in this economy.

Based on my interactions, my impression of the hotel is that it has a disorganized, disinterested and cavalier sales and catering staff. 

I will happily take my money elsewhere since out of the 9 hotels we visited over our stay in Chicago, Radisson Blu Aqua was the only one that gave us poor service. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards