Ohio-Northeast
Options

Outdoor wedding ceremony music

I'm getting married outdoors on the lake in June and ceremony music has really been the last thing to consider.  i"m not really sure what to do or how to have it.  Does anyone have any advice on how to have outdoor music that isn't near any outlets?

Re: Outdoor wedding ceremony music

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could go with live music, if it's in your budget. No outlets to worry about if you hire a string quartet or harpist or guitarist or brass quartet or whatever.

If you plan on using pre-recorded music, talk to your DJ and see if s/he has a mobile setup of some kind and would be able to handle the ceremony music, in addition to reception (maybe even for a discount if they're doing both).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    HarvestKarmaHarvestKarma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're also having an outdoor ceremony and have contracted our reception DJ to set up an additional sound system and take care of the ceremony music.  This costs extra, of course.
    image "As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma." Sri Guru Granth Sahib
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PPs.  We are also having an outdoor wedding and I would like to have live music.  I've contacted several harpists in the area.  The going rate for the ceremony seems to be between $250 and $400 if that's in your budget.  You could also contact a local high school that has a good music program or the cleveland institute of music for someone that is talented but probably cheaper.  The Cleveland Orchestra has a cleveland youth orchestra that is made up of select youth from area high schools.  You may want to try to contact them to see if they have any ideas.  They are the "cream of the crop" when it comes to local high school musicians and I'm sure they would do an excellent job, especially if you give them enough advanced notice.  You could have a solo harpist, cello-player, violinist, violist, etc. or if a duet of violin/cello or violin/flute.

Another option would be to set up a playlist on an iPod and ask your DJ if they have equipment you could rent for the time of the ceremony.  Again, this would be an additional cost but might be worth it.

Lastly, if you are looking for a really low cost option, you could get a boombox that runs on batteries, create a CD with your playlist, set it facing the audience but disguise the look of it and be sure to turn up the volume.  Then have one of the guests or a groomsman turn it on when someone gives a signal (some boomboxes also allow you to hook up additional speakers but they usually require their own power source).  This is obviously not an ideal situation because there are many factors that could go wrong but it is definitely a viable option.

GL and hope you find what you are looking for
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards