• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Illinois-Chicago

Four Weddings Casting update

So, I have an interview for the show on Monday. Now I am wondering if this is something I really want to do. It seems like fun, but it also seems like it might take away from your day. I need help deciding on what to do. What are the pros and cons of being on this show?

Re: Four Weddings Casting update

• aimers1525aimers1525
    2500 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    awww :) well the pros are that you have a 25% chance of winning a amazing honeymoon! I don't want to be a downer, but I agree w/someone who posted in the previous thread that I would probably be hurt if people criticized my wedding.  I also don't know that I would want cameras all over the place either.
  • edited December 2011
    That is kind of how i feel...
  • stephasuasustephasuasu
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    While it would be fun to be on TV, I think in the end I would just be upset by the whole thing. Not only will you hear the criticism of the three other brides, but also from people on message boards and from your guests for having your wedding filmed. Since those girls don't know and love you like the rest of your guests, they will say anything for the tv show and to help them win. I personally wouldn't do it. I would be sad if my wedding was picked apart in a negative way. 
  • aimers1525aimers1525
    2500 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You didn't sign a contract or anything right?
  • edited December 2011

in theory it sounds like a cool opportunity, but on the other end (i posted this on the other thread) I just don't think I can handle others picking apart my wedding.  Its one thing for my wedding guests to discuss among each other, but its another when its the entire nation talking about it.  it scares me too much!

If you can handle criticism, then I say go for it!

• edited December 2011
    Plus, from what everyone says, your wedding day goes by so fast...I wouldn't want to have to take time to talk to the other 3 brides when I could be talking or dancing with my loved ones.
  • edited December 2011
    Truthfully, their criticism wouldn't bother me (I mean, they are strangers). Now if my bridal party was thinking the same thing then I would be sad.

I would totally do it if my wedding was in the right time frame.
    Anniversary image
  • kellym050370kellym050370
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011

That is exactly why I ended up not filling out the application.  FH and I talked about it at length and I realized that I didn't really all the additional stress that this would bring.

• edited December 2011
    They asked us to come interview too. I haven't even filled out the form they sent but they said they really liked our venue.  I'm taking a pass on the entire thing. No matter how much I plan something is guanteed to not go 100% he way it should...I feel like the show focuses on that more than I would like it to
  • edited December 2011
    We are really leaning toward not doing this. I don't want the extra stress, we are already going on our dream honeymoon so there really is no incentive. Also, I feel like my wedding is my baby lol and I don't want some random beeyochy other brides making fun of it! It just seems pretty cool to be on TV.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Four Weddings Casting update:
    So, I have an interview for the show on Monday. Now I am wondering if this is something I really want to do. It seems like fun, but it also seems like it might take away from your day. I need help deciding on what to do. What are the pros and cons of being on this show?
    Posted by MyWedding13
    I participated in this show and was featured in the season premiere on January 7, 2011. The do not interfere on YOUR special day and you won't even know they are there. They are in your face at every wedding you go to, and there are several times you will have to meet and shoot on days you aren't at a wedding.

The show is heavily produced/edited, and it's far from reality. If you're only concern is that they will interfere on your wedding day, then you have nothing to worry about. If you don't work in TV, and have no experience doing reality, it is an experience and a half. The other brides I worked with got very annoyed very often.

Feel free to ask any questions if you have them. I'll answer the ones that I can.

For the record, I'm a working actress, so that's why I did the show.
    Danielle danielle@goldenweddingplanners.com www.goldenweddingplanners.com Bridal Consultant with Bloomingdale's
  • edited December 2011
    As someone that has been on the show, trust me, you will not spend you time on your own wedding talking to the other brides for more than 2 or 3 minutes unless you want to.

In Response to Re: Four Weddings Casting update:
    Plus, from what everyone says, your wedding day goes by so fast...I wouldn't want to have to take time to talk to the other 3 brides when I could be talking or dancing with my loved ones.
    Posted by peggyo10
    Danielle danielle@goldenweddingplanners.com www.goldenweddingplanners.com Bridal Consultant with Bloomingdale's
  • edited December 2011
    You will also never get to hear all of the good stuff that they say about your wedding after they edit the responses....

In Response to Re: Four Weddings Casting update:
    We are really leaning toward not doing this. I don't want the extra stress, we are already going on our dream honeymoon so there really is no incentive. Also, I feel like my wedding is my baby lol and I don't want some random beeyochy other brides making fun of it! It just seems pretty cool to be on TV.
    Posted by MyWedding13