Ohio-Northeast

Newly engaged and just started planning! Need help!

I know I have just begun the planning process, but I am really stressed about the hall. The hall I wanted (Tom's Country Place) is a bit above our budget. I am looking for a hall that will be good for about 150, may or may not allow outside catering, and maybe around 20-25$ per person. I have the dress, the bridesmaids dresses all picked out, the veil, the colors, church too. But the biggest thing I seem to be having difficulties with. Please send a little advice my way! Also looking to keep the reception within the Lorain county area if possible.

Re: Newly engaged and just started planning! Need help!

• Congrats! Try DeLuca's Place, Rose Cafe, Black River Landing Transportation Ctr.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The above are great suggestions (although Black River Landing Transportaion Center is pretty small).  I would also include in your search - The Lorain County Transportation Center (which is located in Elyria & they have really put a lot of $ into restoring it), the Oberlin Inn, & the Carneige Room at Oberlin College. 
    Good Luck & Best Wishes!!!
  • If you havent found a photographer yet, check out heart and soulimagery in Medina. She is branching out to weddings and works withing all budgets. She does a great job
  • I'm in the same area and just compared about 10 places, Aherns Irish Heritage Center in Avon (Lake?) was the least expensive option we checked out and they include almost everything but the cake and flowers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."~The Notebook~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards