Ohio-Northeast

Unique ceremony and reception

I am currently looking for a place in the Akron/Canton area where we could get married and have the reception all at the same site. The problem is, I don't want to go somewhere that I know someone else has already had their wedding. That is where I am stuck. I don't want to go to the typical reception hall where I have been a million times. I am looking for a unique place that me and my fiance can have as our own rather than "stealing" from our friends.

Thanks
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Unique ceremony and reception

• ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a guest count, price range you had in mind? Modern? Rustic? any sites you like the feel of but would want something similar to?
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What places are off your list because friends/famlly have used them already? Also, how many guests do you have in mind? Any budget restrictions? Often, you pay a premium for more 'interesting' sites.

There are tons of unique places throughout NEO, but most are for smaller weddings (under 100 guests). A few off the top of my head include House of Blues, Hale Farm, Botzum Farmstead, Sarah's Vineyard Winery, Thorncreek Winery, Wolf Creek winery, Mapleside Farm, the Rainforest at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo (or other building rentals at the zoo), Cleveland Botanical Gardens, the Lodge at Geneva, Nicholson House, Stan Hywet, Browns Stadium, Progressive Field, the theaters in downtown Cleveland (State, Allen, Palace), Severance Hall, the Hyatt Arcade (not your typical hotel), Punderson Lodge, Alpine Valley... just to name a few.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Guest count is 200. We are going with 1920's themed. The wedding is 11/11/11 so we can't plan to do anything outside.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    do you have a limited budget?

and do you want it to go with your 1920's theme. 

The Metropolitan Centre. Canton, Ohio

The Tangier. Akron, Ohio

Greystone Hall. Akron, Ohio****** (THIS WOULD FIT YOUR 20'S THEME, AND THEY EVEN HAVE A THEATRE, TONS OF ARCHITECTURE. ). 

let me know if any of these are what you are looking for, i have tons bc i wanted a unique wedding venue as well.  :)
    Married 7/30/11 ME: 23 DH: 30 TTC SINCE 1/1/12 New Years **
  • edited December 2011
    We do not have a limited budget. We have looked at Stan Hywett, Tangier and didnlt like either. We have a meeting this friday with Greystone to tour their facilities.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shannamarietshannamariet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married and having our reception at the Metropolitan Center in downtown Canton. You get the whole 3rd floor of the building which includes a rooftop terrace (we are using this for the ceremony and cocktail hour) a bar area which also has high top tables and a ballroom. It has hardwood floors and plain white walls so perfect for any theme or pallet.  The terrace has a sound system in place so you have play music outside too.  They don't yet have a preferred caterer list so you can bring in anyone you would like. They do however provide the alcohol.  A bonus is the Mckinley Grande Hotel is a couple blocks away.....7min walk to be exact haha My fiance walked from the Metro to the Mckinley to see how long it would take.  There are also a ton of super cute bars and restaurants in between the two.  I have more information if you are interested let me know.  If you happen to contact them ask for Bill Theiss he is super friendly and very helpful.
  • shannamarietshannamariet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just re-read one of your posts and saw the "no outside' detail....haha sorry! I guess a rooftop in Novemeber isn't ideal!
  • ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Check out Lake Forrest CC in Hudson – Tudor Manor feel with beautiful woodworking/glass/chandeliers/ fireplace/etc. 
    Glenmoor CC is stunning
    The Tudor House  - Akron
    Roses Run CC - Stow
    Firestone CC  - Akron
  • mamboqueenmamboqueen member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Glenmoor Country cLub
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards