Illinois-Chicago

Toast and Jam DJ

HI Ladies!!

I was wondering if anyone had any experience in working with Toast and Jam? I have read alot of their reviews and they are all good, I guess I was just looking for someone with a recent experience. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated!! TIA!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Toast and Jam DJ

• I have never heard of them, but I love the name. lol
  • My daughter had Kristin from Toast and Jam at her wedding last June.  Kristin did a really good job of compiling great contemporary cocktail music --  a blend of "indie" music and top Billboard. 

She looked like she had just as much fun all night as the guests.  She really likes to break away from the traditional wedding format, as did my daughter and (then) fiance.  That made the experience fun for all of them.  They had a lot of fun putting together a play list, as well as a "Do Not Play" list.  Kristin commented that their "first dance" song selection had never been done before (in her experinece), and was excited to hear their other ideas.

The guests remained on the dance floor throughout the night as each song was better than the last.  She had a really good sense of how the crowd responded to certain songs, and was able to "change it up" in a heartbeat if she sensed the need from the crowd.  Toast and Jam is definitely a bit more expensive, but the music was important to my daughter and her fiance. 

They did not want a DJ that looked like he had been "spinning records" for the past 40 years. They were not interested in a DJ that would be actively "involved" and "interactive" throughout the evening, either.  I hope that makes sense to you.
  • We REALLY wanted to have toastandjam DJ our wedding!  But when we didn't hear back from the DJ assigned to us for a week to schedule an initial meeting... my fiance and I became skeptic as to their reliability.  This was just an initial meeting not the BIG DAY...but still it left us uneasy.   

We can't say that ALL of toastandjamdjs are unreliable...but we were left with an awkward situation.   

• I went to a wedding where Toast and Jam was the DJ. I was not impressed.  The DJ butchered the names of the wedding party and looked like she just got out of bed.  I requested a popular Lady Gaga song at that time, and they didn't even have it.  The selection of music was horrible.  The DJ did not listen to her audience to see what type of music brought people to the dance floor.

I know that Toast and Jam has many DJ's you can work with so I guess it depends who you get paired with. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    521image 126image 39image 356image RSVP Date: August 1
  • We also had Kate and Rachel and we loved them. Everyone was responsive over email (including the owner Mary) and they really listened to what we wanted and the vibe we were going for. The really stuck to our Do Not Play list even though we really didn't have a lot on there. They were able to keep our dance floor packed the whole night. I actually had some friends ask for the "soundtrack" of our reception because they had thought I planned each song! I didn't, just left it up to them.
  • We had a great experience with T&J for our wedding this past September.  Mary (the owner) was great and responsive with emails.  Our DJ Emily Augustin was super easy to work with.  She responded quickly with emails, was receptive to the music we wanted played at our ceremony/cocktail hour/reception and made some great suggestions that we hadn't thought of.  Their music selection was awesome and we had people on our dance floor all night!  People are still talking about how much fun they had at our wedding. :)  My hubby and I wanted the theme to the 'White Sox' when they play the opening credits at their games.  I was able to track down the music files seperately (in two completely different media files) and Emily was able to retreive them off the internet and put them together so it sounded perfect!  My hubby and I cannot say enough good things about them.  :)
  • I went and talked to them and basically it was they played their music or they didnt play music at all. Wasnt a fan
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hear nothing but great things! I asked them if they were open for my Dec. 1 wedding and they were all booked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards