Illinois-Chicago

Anyone running Rock N Roll?

Hi ladies, I don't usually post on this board since my wedding is in my hometown, but I'm wondering if anyone else if running the 1/2 on Sunday and if you have any pointers?!

I'm debating on bringing my ipod...any suggestions?!

Re: Anyone running Rock N Roll?

• edited December 2011
    Only drink the provided Gatorade if you are used to it!  My friends and I did last year, and had not trained with it.  It made us all sick to our stomachs!  (it has a higher concentrate of electolytes)

I didn't bring my ipod, since there is music all along the path, and it was fun to take in all the sights and sounds!

I should have done it this year, but all of my long runs would have been out of town...I had 5 weddings this summer!

Good luck and have fun!!
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    My daughter is running it.....her suggestions:

Start hydrating yourself properly now----cut out any sodas or other sugary drinks.  Keep to your normal routines and avoid changing anything at this point. 

Although there is music all along the route,she is using her iPod to help her keep her usual pace (it has a Nike app) and to avoid getting caught up in the pace of the people nearest her.  The bands are spread out throught the course, so the sound waffles in and out----plus she does not like to hear herself breathe!

She  suggests taking shoes and socks off immediately after the race....it helps your feet breathe and reduces the possibility of after swelling.

The weather is supposed to be pretty decent---especially that early in the morning!

• hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help! 

I don't typically drink anything other than water so I should be okay...interesting point on the Gatorade though!!

I hate hearing me breathing as well...I think I'll plan on taking my ipod.

Thanks for the advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards