Illinois-Chicago

Flowers for a reasonable price?

Can anyone recommend a good florist for a reasonable price in the western burbs? I tried to search the board and didn't see much on this specific request. TIA!

Re: Flowers for a reasonable price?

• aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are quite a few florists who work all over the Chicagoland area. That being said, there's a pretty big range of pricing.

Do you have a budget? Are you partial to flowers that are out of season or on the expensive side? I regret going the cheap route on flowers. Not that I would spend $$$, but for two-three hundred more I could of had much nicer bouquets and centerpieces.  I didn't care much at the time but on my wedding day when my centerpieces weren't correct and my bouquet had pipecleaners in it I started to care :)
  • edited December 2011
    I used Shamrock Garden florist and their prices were reasonable and I love my flowers!! 
  • jg2eajg2ea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Flowers by Color Chicago. Her prices were the best by a lot.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using one in the burbs (by Cicero) Catherine's Garden, they had the best pricing of all the places I went to in the city.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are using Town and Country Gardens.  They have studios in Elgin and Geneva--we are working with Jamie at the Geneva location.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wildflower Florist in Naperville
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I used Hollyhocks in Wheaton and had a fabulous experience. I miscounted the number of BM bouquets I needed (I forgot the jr bridesmaid) and they went back and made her one and delivered it to where we were taking pictures.

There are a lot of things you could do to lessen flowers and personally, I am glad I spend under $1000. Choose less expesensive flowers (we did all roses and it looked beautiful). Or just do a few of more expensive flowers (I think Brides magazine once had a thing about using 2-3 hydrangeas would have a really full effect for low cost). Also, if you do a smaller bouquet, it costs less.
    Anniversary image
  • cleoharriscleoharris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hii. I received an email about this bridal event this Monday, and I went on their website and looked up the line-up of vendors. There are going to be florists at this upcoming show!

If you're interested going to find vendors for your wedding I'll leave the email they sent me with the information below! Good luck on finding vendors you love for your wedding!

Heres the information I received for anyone that's interested

The Wedding Salon

Monday, October 3rd, 2011

4 PM – 8 PM

The W City Center, Chicago

Find the Best Resources for your Wedding!

For Complimentary Tickets ($50 value, admits 2) use code

CBNC at weddingsalon.com or call 212.631.7777

·         See a Couture Fashion Show by Jenny Yoo & the latest trends in table decor, photography, gowns, invitations & more

·         Beauty Makeovers by Saks Fifth Avenue Chicago featuring Laura Mercier and Giorgio Armani

·         Magical Honeymoon Giveaways, Cocktails, Cake Tastings, Gift Bags …

• cleoharriscleoharris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Town and Country Gardens is going to be at the event also! So if you're interested in them you can check them out at the show
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info, ladies, I will check these out! Can I ask if anyone would be willing to share how much they paid for their bridal bouquet? I was quoted 220 to start for the bridal and 120 for bridesmaid bouquets. Is that reasonable?
  • edited December 2011

It seems a bit high, but it all depends how big of a bouquet you're having and what flowers you want in it.
    Mine started out at $120 and when I decided to change the flowers in it, it jumped up to $150.  I only have a MOH, no BMs, but her bouquet is $60.
    My florist is actually up in Rockford but will do Chicagoland weddings-her name is Jill and she's with Balloons and Flowers by Hayley.  Her prices are great and her work is really wonderful.  She's worth the time to visit. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in the process of meeting with florists right now. So far I've been quoted $140-165 for my bouquet and $50-60 for each bridesmaid bouquet. Bouquets will have roses, calla lilies, tulips, gerbera daisies, and stephanotis.
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kio Kreations is in Naperville but works everywhere. We got a lot of flowers for our money with her and she really does amazing stuff.
  • fashionxfashionx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Flowers by Color Chicago and I know she's great with budget-minded brides :)
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My bouquets were much more reasonable.  It depends on what flowers you are using and how big the bouquets will be.

My florist was The Avenue in Oak Lawn.  Our second choice was Fasan's in Bridgeport/Chicago.  The reason we went with The Avenue over Fasan's was because The Avenue responded much more quickly but they haad the same prices.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards