Ohio-Northeast

I can't decide: Square tables or Round tables for an Outdoor reception

We are renting a 30 x 50 tent for 100 guests and I love the look of square tables. But this is a laid back less traditional reception, like a backyard party.

I read somewhere that having  square tables allows people to look beyond the tent and not feel like they are in a box. When you are seated at a round table, you are always looking inward. The illusion of square tables is that your vision goes beyond the tent into the yard.

But my MH said square tables restrict conversation and it is more formal.

Any ideas / comments?
Leanne

Re: I can't decide: Square tables or Round tables for an Outdoor reception

• ille2010ille2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm really not sure what the best way to go would be, but check out the Wedding Chicks Blog. I frequent the site for inspiration and ideas. There might be some info there to help you decide. www.weddingchicks.com
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All I know is that I attended a tented reception where they had round tables for the guests, while the head table was rectangular. It was nice and worked out well. IMO, round tables give a better 'flow' and allow guests to mingle more. People will be looking around anyway, I would think. Personally, I'd do the round tables, but if you like rectangular ones and that's how you picture your wedding, I don't see why you couldn't use them. Will the reception be during the day? Is that why a 'view of the yard' is important?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat, I really wanted square tables but I think they would take up a lot more room than round tables, making it a bit more crowded.  I'm also thinking of just lining up a few rectangle tables and have a few rows, so it's a little like a picnic, but a fancier one! HTH
  • crys0124crys0124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you can't decide you can use both!  I've seen lots of pictures on here of outdoor receptions alternating round and square and I really liked it.  I probably would have done that if I had the option but our site only has round.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards