Ohio-Northeast

Inexpensive ceremony/reception ideas for Akron/Canton area wanted please!

I'm inexperienced at Wedding planning and we are looking to find somewhere to do a small ceremony with just close family (Future Father in Law will be the officiant) and then somewhere to have a reception with friends/remaining family (it doesn't have to be the same location for both). Looking for possibly September, we are paying ourselves so looking for something budget friendly also. I don't know where to start looking. If anyone has any feedback or suggestions for us I would really appreciate it! Thanks you!!

Re: Inexpensive ceremony/reception ideas for Akron/Canton area wanted please!

• ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    indoor/outdoor ceremony?
    indoor/outdoor reception option?
    budget - mainly for reception?
    guest total for reception venue?
  • kittt29kittt29 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Honestly a lot of it isn't planned. The ceremony we will probably do outdoors somewhere, we are looking for the reception site. Probably 100-125 for the guest list. Hoping to stay under $5000 for the reception (food/alcohol/rental fee). I have got some good feedback for Guys Party Center in Akron. Not sure where else to look with our limited budget.......
  • edited December 2011
    We are having the wedding and reception at Exploration Gateway at Sippo Lake. We will be at the edge of the lakes for the wedding itself, then in the banquet rooms for the reception. It's very reasonably priced!!!!!!
  • ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The North Canton Civic Center would be a good option  - there is a beautiful gazebo onsite for the ceremony and park across from it.
  • JoeyOzJoeyOz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our reception at Willowdale Lake Country Club in Jackson township and we loved it.  Very reasonably priced (26.95 per person for food, beer/wine, hall rental, cleanup, bartender, waitresses, parking attendent, taxes - everything!  No hidden costs, but that was over a year ago so might be more now), beautiful hall, outdoor gazebo on lake you can use for ceremony if interested.  Their website is very limited so you'll have to call.

Lolli's Banquet Center is Belden Village is nice.  Pretty banquet room and very good food.  Can be pricey depending on what you choose to serve but if you stick with the cheaper options it's a very good price.

Guys is classic, 356 Fighter Group is really nice, and I adore Skyland Pines but they were out of our budget.  Definitely looking into though.

Hope these ideas help.  Good luck!!
  • kittt29kittt29 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Wow, those were all great ideas and they are all close by. Thank you so much! I will look into them all. I never thought about Sippo Lake. N. Canton I figured might be high but glad to hear maybe not. Willowdale sounds nice also. Thank you again everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards