Illinois-Chicago
Options

Private room for 20?

Hi. Thinking about having a wedding on a weekday between Christmas in New Year's in Chicago -- with immediate family only, about 20 of us total. It would be nice to be able to get an attractive private room at a restaurant / hotel with food that would be an appropriate size for 20 people -- not too crowded or too big. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Private room for 20?

• Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Personally, I would make a list of all your favorite restaurants and start calling them. Most restaurant do have private rooms. When I was planning my rehearsal dinner I found that they would not charge me for using the space as long as a met the food and beverage minimun.

Have you thought about Carnival? It is where I had my Engagement party. They were amazing. Also any of the Lettuce Entertain you restaurants should be able to accomdate you. But I would book really early. That week is very busy for restaurants.

I would think that hotels might be a little harder. The private room, that I found, in hotel tend to hold a lot more than 20 people. (unless you want a room that looks like a conference room)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What kind of atmosphere are you looking for?  Morton's and Ruth's Chris both have private rooms that would accommodate that number.  And the food is so delish!
  • Options
    Sofitel Water Tower has small, private rooms usually used for meetings, but that can be transformed into anything you want!  We're using one for our ceremony and their private dining room (which seats up to 65) for our reception.

We also checked out Osteria via Stato, Red Canary and Park Grill.  Fulton's on the River might work, too!
  • Options
    How formal or informal do you want your wedding to be? My would pick would be Tufano's in little Italy and I would beg them to let me rent out the restaurant. That or Goose Island or Rockbottom. I would check out yours and FI favorite places first and go from there. Most restaraunts have a private room. If not, some will let you rent out their space for a wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Carnival is gorgeous!  If you are venturing out to the burbs, Maggiano's has nice rooms.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards