Ohio-Northeast

Beware of Something New Entertainment DJ Services

I feel I must share my experiences with Something New Entertainment DJ Services with brides planning in NEOH.  My husband and I chose Something New Entertainment after meeting with husband/wife DJ duo Justin and Anna-Jeannie.  They did a great job selling their services and had a great energy we felt would be great for our wedding reception.  Unfortunately, on wedding day we were extremely disappointed in the services we were provided.  Instead of the lead or assistant DJ we were told would run the show a "shadow" DJ was at the helm.  His lack of experience and low key approach was not what we were promised or excepted. 

There were a number of issues throughout the reception including the mother/son dance song not playing, toast being announced in the wrong order, DJ lack of interaction with our guests, etc.  After our wedding, I spoke to the owner and express our concerns and since then they have flip flopped on their response. 

I realize everyone has their own experiences but I felt the need to share my experience with others so you can make an educated decision.  I feel like we got played and we have made a claim with the BBB.

Re: Beware of Something New Entertainment DJ Services

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the heads up.  Still haven't decided on a DJ yet for our event, and I'll keep this in mind.
  • KateCreateKateCreate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am totally shocked that you would have that experience with Something New Entertainment! You are entitled to your opinion and I hope I am not sounding rude but I had them DJ my 10/30/10 wedding and they were wonderful! I've been recommending them to everyone. DJs Justin and Anna-Jeannine were so wonderful and they really kept our party going. They kept right on schedule, handled some last minute changes flawlessly, played great music and kept the dance floor packed all night long! I just thought they were fantastic and would recommend them wholeheartedly!
  • MsAgboMsAgbo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also used Something New and though there were minor things, overall, they did a pretty good job.  There were actually 3 DJ's at my wedding and I used them for both my outdoor ceremony and reception.  Sorry you had a bad experience but mine was not.
    BFP - 8/28 Beta 1 - 3,363 - 9/1 U/S 1 - 9/10 - Heartbeat 125 Est. DD - 4/30, Induced 4/23 Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards