Illinois-Chicago
Options

DIY - HELPING HAND and...

Hi, I'm planning my wedding on a budget and really want it to turn out fantastic!  I was wondering if any of you out there have recently gotten married and wanted to part with a few items.  Perhaps some of you are planning your wedding now and wanted to go in a few items together.  For instance if you are looking to purchase table cloths in a neutral color - maybe we can go in together and use them twice - or three times.  Post back or send an email - Adrienneemartin@hotmail.com.  Thanks

Re: DIY - HELPING HAND and...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm planning my wedding on a budget and really want it to turn out fantastic!  I was wondering if any of you out there have recently gotten married and wanted to part with a few items.  Perhaps some of you are planning your wedding now and wanted to go in a few items together.  For instance if you are looking to purchase table cloths in a neutral color - maybe we can go in together and use them twice - or three times.  Post back or send an email - Adrienneemartin@hotmail.com.  Thanks - If you see this post with 2009 on it - Don't worry I am getting married in 2011 so it's valid!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     Hello,

I saw you write earlier "For instance, I am planning an evening wedding perhaps someone who wants to have a brunch wedding can split the cost of the venue with me"

Sadly, I don't think that would work for a venue since those are two different events. 

Honestly, I would be iffy on going in with a person I don't know to share wedding items.  Even if the person is honest and plans on passing it on, something could happen to the item.

I would suggest two different things:

Shop for budget items on ebay or Craigslist.  Also, places like Michales and Hobby Lobby are ALWAYS having 40-50% off coupons.  Also, check the "Trash to Treasure" board on The Nest as well.

-OR-

Something to keep in mind, when you're done with your items, you might be able to sell them yourself and get at least a small percentage of your money "back". 

Where/when are you getting married? Location/time/season all determine price as well.

Good luck!

When you're done with your
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In addition to the notes from pp...why would you not update your siggy to say "2011"??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey thanks - great commentary!  You are probably spot on about alot but nothing beats a failure but a try.  Plus places like the Stan Mansion rent their place for the entire 24 hours.  Booking 2 events would be plausible! - Maybe a little rushed - but definitely doable!  Things that don't require intense personalization like Table cloths and centerpieces can be shared with little damage to the item. 

I got the idea from a friend in the UK.  Her mother runs a Wedding recycle club.  People pay for the membership (typically the year of their impending nuptials) and have access to whatever items and resources the club has to offer.  I was hoping to see if there was some interest and perhaps we could start one of our own.  The logic is sound however your comments are probably truer than I would care to believe.  Well let's just see how it goes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards