Illinois-Chicago

Restaurant reception for 70??

Hey y'all!  I'm thinking of having a restaurant reception for 70 in the Chicago area (city or Northshore area).  Any ideas or suggestions?

It's going to be a Saturday night dinner, and we're interested in getting a small band to play some music during dinner.

Have any of you done this?

Thanks!

Re: Restaurant reception for 70??

• I didn't, but one of my friends was thinking about doing it at Osteria Via Stato. It's an Lettuce Entertain You group, Italian restaurant in River North. The food is delicious! Not sure how much it costs, etc.

Other people have suggested before:
    -Mrs. Murphy and Sons
    -Maggianos
    -Salvatore's in Lincoln Park
     ...I know there are others :)
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Directly across the street from Osteria Via Stato is Quartino's.  My son had his reception there, with a party of approximately 100.  The food was non-stop, and the service was beyond accommodating.  Even with an open bar, the waitstaff was incredibly attentive.  Throughout the multi course dinner, the waitstaff would take personal drink orders.  If they overheard a table "wow" about a particular food item, they brought more of it to the tables.  I would highly suggest you take a look there!
  • I forgot about Quartino! I've been there too and the food is delicious!
  • kit732kit732 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Ooo, great ideas -- thanks!!
  • I went to Quartino for lunch today, and it was fabulous, as usual. If I didn't have three entire families to invite, I'd totally have my reception there. 
  • Quartino is great, but not sure if it can accomodate a small band. I know someone who is having their reception at Roy's Hawaiian Fusion for about 80 people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards