Illinois-Chicago
Options

Budget wedding venue? Young couple. Need help.

Hello,

I am getting married in December 2013 and have begun to look at venues. Our wedding budget is $6,000. I know it can be done because I have seen others do it. I am currently considering Stan Mansion, but it is $2,200. I could pay that much but I would rather not, especially since it has so much space and I am only having a guest list of 50 people. 

Anyone have any other suggestions. The venue can be the amount of Stan Masion's rental. Perferably, a place that allows outside catering. 

Thank you so much. My fiance and I appreciate it greatly. 

Re: Budget wedding venue? Young couple. Need help.

• Options
    Have you read reviews on Stan Mansion? They are pretty horrible.

Have you considered a restaurant?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I actually had not considered that. Thanks. Looking into Rios D'Sudamerica and Las Tablas. Only problem with those is that I would then have to book a seperate venue for the wedding. With Stan Mansion I would be able to do the ceremony and reception in the same place. 
  • Options
    I've never been to Wilder Mansion, but we looking into that when we were looking for venues. It has good reviews on Weddingwire and looks gorgeous! It's 2500 for Sat. evening but cheaper for afternoon or Fri/Sun weddings. Since yours is Dec they may give a discount if you ask. GL!
    Vacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_budget-wedding-venue-young-couple-need-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:5db120bc-2466-4cc3-bc3b-214f4fb877f8Post:965c8af1-aedc-4334-ad0b-4939080138b7">Re: Budget wedding venue? Young couple. Need help.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never been to Wilder Mansion, but we looking into that when we were looking for venues. It has good reviews on Weddingwire and looks gorgeous! It's 2500 for Sat. evening but cheaper for afternoon or Fri/Sun weddings. Since yours is Dec they may give a discount if you ask. GL!
    Posted by jsquared62009[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm getting married at Wilder Mansion on September 7th.  Its gorgeous.  If you only use the first floor (as the pp would be for 50 people) its cheaper.  However there are a couple of downsides.  They charge you extra if you want to get married in the attached garden (which we are doing).  And they will not let you set up ANYTHING before your contracted time starts. So no going in early, or the day before to do any set up. This is stressing me out but I plan to ask for help from family, and a DOC. But every time I visit it, I fall in love all over again.</div><div>
    </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm also having a budget wedding in Chicago. Check out ARTango-it's a tango space that they rent out for private events on the weekends. We're having a wedding of 100 which fits perfectly, so 50 would be good. It's only $200/hr (I negotiated them down a bit), AND they're catering menu is delcious (chef in house) but also cheap! They also don't charge a cake cutting fee or anything b/c they don't offer desserts so you can bring in anything you want. 

ARTango is off the Ravenswood brown line stop. It has exposed brick walls, art made by local Chicago artists, and a handmade wooden bar. Really. check it out! It totally fit our budget ($5000 total). Let me know if you have any questions or anything :)

• Options
    I was going to mention ArTango as well. We have looked into it (as far as pricing and space and rental information). $200/hr for space rental and you can bring your own alcohol for the bar as long as you have a tender. It sounds great for about the 70 ppl or so we plan on having. And it's right by the Ravenswood event center.

The only thing is I could never find any actual reviews for WEDDING receptions held there or barely any other wediding related mentions of it (just mostly private parties) so I'm glad to see it mentioned. I think it will be one of those places whose rates will go up once the good reviews for smaller receptions start rolling in. :) 
  • Options
    I'm having my wedding there in September. Actually, just decided today. Have you done a tasting if their food?
  • Options
    I would suggest going the restaurant route, and also doing a daytime wedding. I've was to a few last year. One was at Roy's in downtown Chicago, the food is amazing, not sure the cost. The other was at a little bistro in Oak Park, Trattoria 225. Cute place, good food, nice decor (exposed brick and hardwood floors with some natural light.)
  • Options
    White Eagle Banquet Hall in Niles, IL. check out their website! You won't believe it when u see it. That's where I'm having my reception. If you like Polish food and even if you don't this place is awesome and formal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards