Illinois-Chicago
Options

Sex and the City Bachelorette Party!

Hi ladies; I'm usually on the Detroit board, but my cousin is getting married in Milwaukee... She's a huge SATC fan, and I'm the MOH, so I'm thinking of hosting her bachelorette party in Chicago.  It has a big city feel, which is more in line with Sex and the City than Milwaukee can accomplish, but I don't exactly know the city like the back of my hand, since I'm from MI.

So, I was wondering if anyone could recommend some trendy places in the city that would be good for a bachelorette party.  Trendy, clubby... if you know the show, you know what I mean.  I appreciate the help!
This knottie's been ransacked, suckas!

Re: Sex and the City Bachelorette Party!

• Options
    edited December 2011
     I would recommend a place like Sushi Samba for dinner.  It's a fusion restuarant and I think it's definitely a trendy place to go for dinner and maybe hit up The Wit for rooftop drinks?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I am the MOH for my bff and I'm throwing her bachelorette party next month.

I did all my planning at vipbachelorette.com...you can book one of their packages. Check out the website and if you want more info just email them and they will email you their packages with prices. They do all kinds of stuff, I picked out male strip show and then going to piano bar afterwards with limo to pick us up and drop off. But they have a huge list of places which I think would fit your SATC theme. Prices are good and at all the bars you go VIP entry no cover charge and usually at least one free bottle of champagne! Totally will make your bride feel VIP for sure!
    I am so excited!! Let you know how it goes =D
    My Planning Website Tied The Knot on 12-4-10! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if you would want to do something like this to maybe start out the night but I came across this salon when looking for bachelorette party ideas for myself, I think it looks so fun - I'm a big fan of SATC also :)  They play the shows/movies on flatscreen TV's and you can BYOB.  Check out the link below...

http://www.arbrenails.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Maybe somewhere along the Rush/State area - Lux Bar, Level, Le Passage, etc or River North - Sushi Samba Rio, LaSalle Power Co, NV Penthouse Lounge, Citizen, District, etc.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much to all of you! I've checked all of the places out, and they look perfect-- and Capital T, I looked at the site you sent, and they have a package called "VIP Clubbing" that sounds great too.  Thanks so much for the help, ladies-- keep it coming, if you have any more  :)
  • Options
    tonya07tonya07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could do dinner at Sunda.  I know they will do group dining & help you create a menu at a fixed price so that everyone isn't confused at the end of dinner.  It's a huge celeb sighting place too, Patrick Dempsey ate dinner there this week!  The area where this restaurant is located is very close to my favorite places to go out... Underground (also known for celeb sighting), Hub 51, social 25, Epic (they have a beautiful rooftop lounge!) and Pops for Champagne.  I would avoid the Rush/Division area if you want a real city experience.  That's where most tourists go & it sounds like you want an experience different than that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tonya, those places all seem PERFECT. And I love that they're all so close to each other. Thanks a ton.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mercadito would be a fun dinner option for the nite.  The food is fantastic and the scene is great and prices reasonable.  I saw Vince Vaughan there twice in the past few months!  There's also one in NYC so picture it being a very SATC thing to do!

Then I would definitely go The Roof at The Wit.  It has a very LA vibe to it with funky couches, great music, impressive cocktails.  Go there for a few cocktails after dinner and then late night hit The Underground for dancing.  It's one of Billy Dec's place.  They play GREAT music (dance music w words that you know vs. just beats).

We did my bachelorette in Mexico, but if I had mine here I'd do the above!
    Me: 35/Hubs: 35 - just moved to Minneapolis from Chicago. TTC for 18 months and expecting baby #1 April 18, 2012! Needed IVF after a few failed rounds of IUI and it worked!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards