Illinois-Chicago

Elmhurst Art Museum

Has anyone had or been to a wedding here?  Any reviews?

imageimageLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Elmhurst Art Museum

• edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there a few years ago.  Space was very nice, but it seemed full with only the 100-125 guests that were there, so I'm not sure if capacity is a concern for you.
    The cocktail hour was in a glass hallway with some art pieces.  This area was pretty, but again, a little cramped.  The FOG brought in the bar - so at that time at least, you could provide your own alcohol.
    You have to use their approved caterers.  I was unimpressed with the food at the event I attended - though I know there was at least one other choice and this was about 3-4 years ago, so they may even use a different caterer now.  Also, to be fair, the Bride had a very specialized, non-standard menu that she had the caterer create.  They might have done better with one of the caterers more standard options.
    The wedding I went to had a tent off the back for dancing.  That was different and nice.  They had some smaller tables set up in the tent, so people could, sit but still be near the band.  The dinner space was in a completely separate room, which generally I dislike, but didn't seem to be as big as issue in this space as it has been at other events I have been to where there are multiple rooms.
  • edited December 2011
    We almost had our wedding there because it was beautiful but at least 2.5 years ago when we were looking, we had to use their one approved caterer. We were allowed to go to an event there before we signed the contract. The food looked very unimpressive. I would check out the caterer before you make your decision.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  It's a little disappointing to hear about the catering.  I did notice that their approved catering list was quite short and this is one of the areas that matter most to us.  I
    imageimageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards