Illinois-Chicago

Love it or Hate it? USPS Love Stamps avail in mid May

Wish my wedding invites had stamps like this - we had to go with boring wedding bands...USPS to start selling these May 19th.

http://www.usps.com/communications/newsroom/2010/pr10_125.htm

Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo

Re: Love it or Hate it? USPS Love Stamps avail in mid May

• aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't particularly like those, but you got me thinking about stamps! I was curious to see if USPS has any others besides the "wedding bands" stamps, and I found these--I hope the post office near me has them!
    Love: Pansies in a Basket. This image is a larger version than the image with the same alt attribute on the previous page.

• MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like em but postage goes up for every stamp other than the first class stamp on April 18th. It does look like they are offering some wedding Forever stamps which is awesome.
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    they really need to get rid of the damn Polar Bear postcard stamp!!!
  • edited December 2011
    aimers--that's the one we used for our save the dates and RSVP envelopes!

Remember, however, that most invitations need more postage than the 44 cents of a "regular" stamp.  A lot of them require a higher amount....I want to say it's something like 61 cents and it's been so popular of an amount that they also have a wedding stamp for that amount.
  • edited December 2011
    I love the neon celebrate stamps but we are kind of wacky and untraditional!
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_love-hate-usps-love-stamps-avail-mid-may?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:647e84db-262e-4a3b-b979-a5fc2e5611b2Post:0252d2fa-c4b9-47e3-864b-59f89626ca3f">Re: Love it or Hate it? USPS Love Stamps avail in mid May</a>:
    [QUOTE]aimers--that's the one we used for our save the dates and RSVP envelopes! Remember, however, that most invitations need more postage than the 44 cents of a "regular" stamp.  A lot of them require a higher amount....I want to say it's something like 61 cents and it's been so popular of an amount that they also have a wedding stamp for that amount.
    Posted by MINDMNMO[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about using them too because they are purple and lavendar is one of our colors!

I'll have to look into that special wedding stamp amount though. Also related to postage, my mom is insisting that we ask USPS to hand cancel our invites. I told her that I had heard that they don't do that anymore, but she said she asked her local office and they said they wouldn't do it but they would give her the stamp or something and she could do it herself. I told her to go crazy if that's what she wanted!
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cute!  I like them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we used the neon celebrate stamps for our response envelopes!  i loved them!

i dig the purple love ones, too, but that may just be because they're purple...
  • kellym050370kellym050370 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aimers - I used those for my STDs too!  They are adorable and I did have a few people comment how cute the stamps were and how well they matched!
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Aimers- your mom is right.  Although I believe technically they're not supposed to hand cancel, each individual office may or may not.  I definitely would try though!

On of the girls on my month board sent herself a sample of each, and there was a surprising difference
  • edited December 2011
    @ hz80408 - do you where the post with the two pictures of hand-cancelled and regular are?

Thanks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards