Illinois-Chicago
Options

Dessy/Bridesmaid dresses

I'm going to the House of Brides downtown tomorrow to check out bridesmaid dresses.  I want something affordable for my girls (preferably under $175), a bit of a variety (they get to pick their own dress- as long as its tea-length, the color I choose, and all from the same line/designer).  I also need dresses that are nationally available since I have a few bridesmaids from out of the area.  I really like the Dessy dresses but I'm afraid they might be a little too pricey.  Has anyone had any experience with Dessy dresses or any suggestions for affordable bridesmaid dresses?

Re: Dessy/Bridesmaid dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    you may want to check where you bought your dress as they normally offer discounts for the bridesmaids dresses if you buy them there - i received 20% off for mine.  I do think dessy will fit in your price range comfortably and they do have a lot of variety.  my ladies are wearing bill levkoff and with my discount the dresses were around $170
  • Options
    ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved the Dessy lines but they didn't have the color that I was looking for. I ended up going with Alfred Angelo. I'm doing the same thing with bmaid dresses (as far as they pick their own style, I pick color, length). And I also only have 1 bmaid that's in IL, all others are in other states. I think with Dessy, the After Six line is a little less expensive, or maybe it's their other line. But if you go to HOB and tell them your price range they should be able to point you in the right direction.
  • Options
    morgie44morgie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We considered dresses from the After Six line of Dessy and were quoted between 100-124 depending on the style through netbride. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto morgie44 - you could always find the styles & color that you like and then order them from netbride.com or Pearl's Place.  They offer really great prices and no sales tax.
  • Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ordered After Six dresses in 2 different styles (same fabric, color, and length). The girls tried them on at a store and we were quoted $140 (normally $160, but we would have received a discount for 5+ Bridesmaids). We ordered them through Netbride.com and got them for $120 each including shipping. It was a wonderful experience, the girls all love their dresses and the variety they had to choose from. The dresses are extremely comfortable and I found that they were very well made for BM dresses. info in bio under attire

My friend used Alfred Angelo, which had a nice variety, but the dresses fit weird on everyone and no one felt comfortable in them. After actually wearing a dress from them, I decided to avoid that line because I didn't feel comfortable. But that could just be the dress that she chose.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My girls ordered from AnnTaylor.com.  I searched for a coupon code and everyone got 30% off, ($173 after shipping).  The great thing about their dresses is that you can return within 60 days if for some reason it doesn't work.  The sizing is more like regular dress sizing, not bridal, so keep that in mind if you check it out.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If you end up liking HOB dresses, check the prices online!  The price I bought the dresses were different than being in the store (also - use different computers to check it out; two of my friends got an even cheaper price, so we bought using their computer).

• Options
    ondreaflynnondreaflynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We too went to HOB and then ended up buying from bridesmaids.com.  They were almost 40% cheaper. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards