Illinois-Chicago

Where are you having your downtown hotel wedding block?

Hi girls,

Where is everyone having their downtown hotel wedding blocks?

Unfortunately, there's a large conference on our wedding weekend, and I'm having trouble finding a hotel with availability over a year out. I figure I have to be missing some of the big ones. Let me know who you went with (and, if possible, the rate you secured for your guests)!

Thanks!

Re: Where are you having your downtown hotel wedding block?

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Because the reception is on State Street, my son blocked rooms at The Dana and The St. James.

The Dana is offering rooms for $169/189, depending on room size.  The St. James, actually on the crossstreet Ontario, was selected because they have suites at a rate of $299.  We have several people coming in small groups of 4-6, wherein it is easier/more affordable to split the cost of a larger suite.  The standard block room rate is $199 for the St. James.
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I did the Sofitel and the Fairfield Inn.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also had a hard time finding a hotel with availability for a block, we got married recently while the NATO conference was happeneing in town.  We ended up getting a block at the Hyatt Regency downtown and it worked out perfectly - would definitely recommend.
  • Palmer House Hilton $135 

Homewood Suites by Hilton Downtown (great for sharing rooms) $109

Courtyard Downtown Chicago / River North $109

All of these places didn't make us sign contracts either. 
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_where-are-you-having-your-downtown-hotel-wedding-block?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:6d6566a8-0686-40cb-b6e9-2bb82793a7a2Post:4af7c884-5e2f-4f35-bf11-17ee92054976">Re: Where are you having your downtown hotel wedding block?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also had a hard time finding a hotel with availability for a block, <strong>we got married recently while the NATO conference was happeneing in town</strong>.  We ended up getting a block at the Hyatt Regency downtown and it worked out perfectly - would definitely recommend.
    Posted by staceyd88[/QUOTE]

I got married then too! Finding a hotel for May 19th downtown was not so easy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My friend had blocks at the Club Quarters. The rooms are much less expensive than most other hotels (though the rooms are tiny and you have to pay extra for extra people in the room). But the locations are great and the prices are right.

You need to be a member, but most universities are member organizations.
    Anniversary image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_where-are-you-having-your-downtown-hotel-wedding-block?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:6d6566a8-0686-40cb-b6e9-2bb82793a7a2Post:2a0c1dc1-4c4a-4e1c-9842-099aa6f8440e">Re: Where are you having your downtown hotel wedding block?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Because the reception is on State Street, my son blocked rooms at The Dana and The St. James.  The Dana is offering rooms for $169/189, depending on room size.  The St. James, actually on the crossstreet Ontario, was selected because they have suites at a rate of $299.  We have several people coming in small groups of 4-6, wherein it is easier/more affordable to split the cost of a larger suite.  The standard block room rate is $199 for the St. James.
    Posted by mobkaz[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>When is your son's wedding? I would kill to block the Dana for 169/189!</div>
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_where-are-you-having-your-downtown-hotel-wedding-block?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:6d6566a8-0686-40cb-b6e9-2bb82793a7a2Post:d431c90b-8ffc-4340-8696-daead5c99c83">Re: Where are you having your downtown hotel wedding block?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you having your downtown hotel wedding block? : When is your son's wedding? I would kill to block the Dana for 169/189!
    Posted by thale0924[/QUOTE]

His wedding is in two weeks....July 7th!  I know he booked the rooms late last Fall. 
  • Westin River North - They're super responsive and friendly!
  • For my daughter's wedding we have a block at The Dana hotel. She's getting married at Holy Name Cathedral so it's perfect. Rooms were $199 and we got the Suite for $399. Love the hotel , very contemporary and hip.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards