Illinois-Chicago
Options

Where to have an inexpensive cocktail reception?

I'm getting married March 5, 2011 in London, England.  I'm originally from Chicago, so over the summer we'll be heading back to Chi-town to have a cocktail and appetizer reception for guest who cannot make the trip overseas.  Since we're spending the bulk of our wedding costs in England, we need something on the cheap in Chicago.

I'm hoping for something outdoors - like a great beer garden or house.  We're thinking August 27th, 2011.  Approx 85 guests.

Thanks!

Re: Where to have an inexpensive cocktail reception?

• Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend's brother just had a small reception the day after his wedding at Market Bar in the West Loop (great food, awesome rooftop bar). I'm not sure how much it would be though.

http://marketbarchicago.com/

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am planning cocktails and appetizers at a lounge during none business hours. These small lounges can hold about 100 people and some will not charge you to use the facility only for the drinks. I am trying to work something out with them now to prepay a bar tab after everything is completed everybody can drink. We are still doing a small reception but only for close family members at a home.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards