Illinois-Chicago
Options

Out of town Bride needing some MAJOR pointers!!!

Hi Ladies and Happy Tuesday,

I'm currently living in Phoenix and am starting to plan a Chicago wedding.. oh boy, what did I get myself into?? :)

I would love to hear from you and get recommendations on the following:

*Wedding planners
*Photographers
*Invitations
*Caterers
*Bakeries

And anything else you can think of!! I really appreciate any and all responses and recommendations, because my head is spinning with all the ah-MAZING options Chicago has to offer.

-xo
Meg

Re: Out of town Bride needing some MAJOR pointers!!!

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2012
    Most women on this board have lots of great ideas and suggestions, but if you could offer a few additional specifics, it would facilitate answers.

Are you looking in the city of Chicago itself, the outer neighborhoods of the city, or the surrounding suburbs?

How many guests are you inviting?  Do you have budget limitations?  Do you already have a venue?  Some venues include the cake in their menu.  Some venues do not allow outside caterers.  If you don't have a venue, are you looking to hold the ceremony at the venue?  Are you looking for restaurant, country club, or other special "vibe" or "vision" for a venue?

My son and his wife used Carolyn, from Shannon Gail Wedding and Events.  She was wonderful, and I would highly recommend her on their behalf.  My son and his wife were very budget conscious, and the Yelp reviews are very good.

ETA:  your wedding date may also make a big difference in terms of prices for some venues and hotels, based on events occuring that weekend....especially if you are having a "city" city wedding.  
  • Options
    Like someone said, it would definitely help to find out what part of Chicaho you plan on getting married since it is a LARGE city....Tell us more and we can help you out possibly
  • Options
    *Photographers:  Colin Lyons, Victoria Sprung
    *Caterers:  Honest Foods (amazing) and J&L
    *Bakeries:  Lucious Layers
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards