Illinois-Chicago

Vendor Reviews 2 - Trolley, Hair & Make-up, Band

Trolley - Chicago Rolls Royce Limo - chicagotrolleyrentals.com  -

Trolley was dirty and the AC leaked, and then I had a bad experience with one of their employees but Thomas refunded my money and diligently took care of it.

Hair & Make-up - Maris, Becky, & Lea from Cynthia Sally (Now called Blend Beauty):

Maris did make-up, Becky did hair & make-up and Lea did hair for our party of 9 ladies.  They were great - everyone looked SO beautiful!  I am so happy I worked with them.  Every picture I have seen so far (even the ones from the end of the night after I was dancing for hours and hours!) looks amazing.  HIGHLY Recommend.

Band/Entertainment - Stitely Orchestra:

There was not one moment the entire night that the dance floor wasn't packed - even when the band took breaks and played a CD.  The music was so well thought out - they really work hard to make sure everything is perfect.  There are no songs they can't do - and they will learn songs if you give them notice.  They had everything we wanted (and some we forgot about!!) on their set list. They recently got a new lead female vocalist - she's AMAZING.  This is another aspect we have been getting non-stop questions about....everybody wants to know who they were.  I can't wait to see our video because even people in my family that never dance at weddings were tearing up the floor that night!!  Start to finish KJeff Stitely was awesome to work with - he helped me choose my "special" dance songs when we were having trouble, and was always available for questions/help.  He called me a few days before the wedding to ease any worries and run the set list down with me.  HIGHLY recommend!!
image **Married 7/9/11**

Re: Vendor Reviews 2 - Trolley, Hair & Make-up, Band

• edited December 2011
    I am so sorry you had such a terribl experience with your trolly - that sounds AWFUL! I hope they refund your money, I had been looking at their webiste before but will be sure to avoid them!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • keg8002keg8002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh!  That is horrible to read about them as we are using them in just over a week for our wedding.  I am so nervous now!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Penelope - I wonder if you could file a complaint with the BBB or something like that? How frustrating!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm trying to wait to see if they get back to me with anything before I go to BBB.

@keg8002 - what trolley are you supposed to be using?  Supposedly they are supposed to call and confirm things with you, etc a few days before....we never got a call.  I would make contact, confirm your trolley, and make sure you pack wet wipes just in case! 

I would give that advice to every bride - WET WIPES!  MVP of things packed for my wedding :-)
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • keg8002keg8002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are supposed to have the Lincoln trolley.  I will definitley make sure to check in with them early next week.  Good idea about the wet wipes.  Thanks for the advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Got an e-mail from Thomas apologizing and saying he will talk to the driver to see what happened and get back to me.  Will keep you posted!
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOAH Snuz...that's crazy!! 

Seriously, how dumb is this Thomas guy to leave that other e-mail in the thread like that? Clearly these people are not professional, and don't deserve the business of brides who "want everything perfect and pristine". And for them to say things like "F@ck the reviews"?!?!....girl I'd be posting this on every possible reviewing website there is in the Chicago area, lol (I'm thinking tripadvisor, google, yelp, citysearch, etc etc). I'd definitely also go to the BBB after that e-mail. You have actual documented proof of their lack of professionalism. 
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow. That's crazy. Ditto @bimbi, I would write bad reviews all over.
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_vendor-reviews-2-trolley-hair-up-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:844fb438-3ba6-4711-872e-f550c64bff84Post:ba36b084-b9a6-4a1c-9047-086062696e08">Re: Vendor Reviews 2 - Trolley, Hair & Make-up, Band</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also - they RE-SENT the top part by itself 2 minutes after sending me the whole thing, like that was going erase it from my memory??
    Posted by PenelopeSnuz[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>LOL!! Seriously this just makes me laugh. These people are just idiots. I would definitely make sure to note to them that you saw every word that was written and have it in your e-mail (and printed out, saved everywhere, lol) and aren't afraid to use it muahahaha!

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards