Illinois-Chicago

Where to take pictures after the ceremony? - NW Suburbs/Illinois

My fiance and I are getting married in February and we are trying to figure out where to have our wedding photos taken on the day of the wedding.  If anyone can help us think of places in the northwest suburbs (we are getting married in Villa Park and the reception is in Itasca) I would really appreciate it.  We have thought of Morton Arboretum but I am afraid we will have to pay for each admission...Thanks in advance!
Tricia B.

Re: Where to take pictures after the ceremony? - NW Suburbs/Illinois

• Not only would you have to pay for admission, you'd also have to pay for a photography fee (I think it's $250, but it might be $125 - either way, a lot) and go half an hour out of your way.   What about one of the forest preserves or parks in between Villa Park and Itasca?  You could probably get some nice pictures near Salt Creek.   Good luck!
  • Depending on how far you'd want to go, Cantigny Park is beautiful and they may charge a parking fee but there are no admission fees. I stood up in a wedding and the bridal part pictures were taken there and turned out georgeous. Also, a little North of Itasca, is the pretty waterfall park--not sure how it'll be in Feb to make up for the. From what I renember, they charge wedding parties something like $50 for a permit to take photos there. Aren't there some pretty parks in Itasca as well?
  • Busse Trail in Elk Grove Village has a lot of options. There is a red bridge over there that creates gorgeous photos!
  • Just curious, where is the reception at in Itasca?  I am looking for a place to take pictures as well, getting married in Chicago and reception in Itasca.  Would really love to go downtown but I don't know on timing with traffic and stuff!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards