Illinois-Chicago
Options

Wedding Photo Location in NW Suburbs..HELP!!!!

My fiance and I are getting married in 2 months and we are trying to figure out where to have our wedding photos taken on the day of the wedding. We are going for the photojournalistic style, but need an indoor location due to the fact that we can't predict the weather. I have been in enough weddings to know that the photographers my friends hired all did the research and picked the locations based on the couple's desires. Our photographer, on the other hand, found us one location...told us we would have to pay $2000 to use the location (on top of the $3000 we are paying him)...then told us he is fresh out of ideas when we said that it's not in our budget. I don't know if perhaps my expectations are too high, but I feel like this is part of his job to be able to help us find a location. Sorry about the venting...but if anyone can help us think of a place in the northwest suburbs (around Arlington Heights) where we can take pictures...I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Re: Wedding Photo Location in NW Suburbs..HELP!!!!

• Options
    have you thought about the fountain area in downtown arlington? or north school park? we took pictures in that park when i was in my friend's wedding, and they turned out nice. i guess it depends what you are going for.
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Options
    No ideas on indoor spaces, but I ditto North School Park and just walking around downton AH. Also think about Lake Arlington and Busse Woods in Schaumburg. Not sure what type of feel you're going for (nature, rural, urban, etc), but, my photographer recently took some interesting urban photos in downtown Des Plaines.
  • Options
    If you are looking for photojounalistic, and not necessarily just beautiful backdrops, what about the library, one of the local train stations (check times to see if the building remains open), or even parts of Arlington Racetrack??  The Mitsuwa Market Place might have a few interesting focal points. 

Are you getting your flowers from a local shop?  Perhaps they would let you take a few pictures inside their shop.  I know someone who had a husband who was crazy for home improvement, and they actually took a few photos at the local Home Depot.

Think about the aesthetic you have in mind, or things/places that are meaningful for you and your FI, and some additional ideas may hit you.
  • Options
    I'm having the same dillema..there's not much around! I'm going to look into some of the hotels that have nice lobby areas and see if they'll allow us to take pictures. Someone also suggested looking at movie theaters to see if we can get into an empty theater for a little bit but I haven't looked into that yet either. There's also Friendship Park Conservatory...I've never been there so I'm not sure what their indoor space is like but on the website it looks like it might work for pictues. GL and if you find anything please share! Smile
    Vacation
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    we got married in July and did outdoor pictures so I'm not much help however we did go to North School Park and then around downtown AH. My favorite pictures came from an alley next to Salsa 17 (off Campbell near Vail) and we also did ones in front of the gold doors of Metropolis.
    Our reception place (The Cotillion) was gorgeous on the inside so that was our back up.

I should add the pic in my siggy below is from the alley :)
  • Options
    What's the intersting urban photos in desplaines? Where is it and any photos to share? Thank you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards