Ohio-Columbus

Where did you get your invitations?

Just trying to research options. I think at this point I am leaning towards Vista Print. I wanted really nice invititaions but was just reminded that they will only be thrown away/recycled by 90% of people when I put my friend's invite in my recycle bin (destination wedding we unfortunately cannot attend). 
Anniversary

Re: Where did you get your invitations?

• edited December 2011
    if you want, you can always do vistaprint and then glue/gluedot them onto different backing if you want it to be more formal. my cousin just sent us a graduation notification from vistaprint with a supercool back of the card. it looked really professional but modern.

• BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine online through The Green Kangaroo. (website)  I loved how they turned out!
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine from vistaprint. Made sure I had a great coupon (35% off) and I got 200 invites and RSVPs for under $150.

I think they look really formal and nice.  I'll PIP them when I get home if you want to see them.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with you about Vistaprint and for the reason you stated, I decided to design them myself on Photoshop and uploaded my design.  I got 130 invitations, rsvp cards, and info cards for $173, using a 50% off coupon.  I borrowed (read: stole) the design from minted.com and just recreated it.  If I had bought the same exact stuff on that website, it would've cost over $700, all for people to just toss them in the trash.  Here's my invite (invites are on a white background so it kind of looks like it's floating):

• loislane906loislane906 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You can also check out Cards and Pockets if you want to DIY. I have no experience, but know it's been used by some people.

I personally used Alternative Hitches in Columbus and my invitations turned out gorgeous. I was very happy with them!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • hailey513hailey513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I also did mine from Vistaprint and they were really cheap but looked wonderful. I was very happy with how they turned out. Plus they always have good deals.

• KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kiya I love it! I don't suppose you would send me the file so I could upload and play with it on Vista Print? ;)   Kallay7@aol.com 
    Anniversary
  • sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I worked with Stefanie from Alternative Hitches and I just love her. She does all the design work for me (which I suck at!) and has been so awesomly flexible with my ever changing mind with concepts.
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://columbus.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_did-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:0d27a0e9-90f1-45bd-a207-756ded79c274Post:c3b8abdc-0a07-4ed1-90ae-fab0a7000a4a">Re: Where did you get your invitations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kiya I love it! I don't suppose you would send me the file so I could upload and play with it on Vista Print? ;)   Kallay7@aol.com 
    Posted by KellyRVT[/QUOTE]

<div>Sure thing!  Do you want just the invitation or do you want the rsvp and information card as well?</div>
  • KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    edited December 2011
    Please send all ove the above :)  

Steph, I will check out Stefanie if I don't like what I attempt on Vista Print with Kiya's design. 

Thank you! 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    You have email!
  • edited December 2011
    Here are my invites from Vista.  They are just one of their options. I added the map on the back (my one and only DIY project!)

So....I didn't block out the date, time, place....so, feel free to crash, just bring a gift Wink hehehe
  • csh96csh96 member
    edited December 2011
    I was going to use Alternative HItches which I found to be the best prices to have them made.  However, I ended up designing them myself and then realized that I could just do them myself, since the hard part was done, and save even more money.  So, I ordered all my paper and pockets from Paper and More.  Love them!
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • PolarBearFansPolarBearFans member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jenny from Seedlings did all our paper product... invitations, rsvp cards, place cards, table cards, programs, etc. We loved everything she did. We gave her some ideas of what we were looking for and she created an amazing design that showcased our personality and theme of the wedding. People are still talking about our invitations almost a year later.

http://www.seedlingsonline.com/
  • edited December 2011
    For DIY- Mygatsby.com

For classic (a lil pricey depending on what design you want but some of the really nice ones are pretty cheap)- Theamericanwedding.com

Some super gorgeous designs also mid priced- storkie.com

I do wedding blogs reviews for a living and do a lot of reviews of vendors and these are the three top I have been told about from the various people I survey.  I do MyGatsby's blogs so I am a bit biased on their DIY stuff but thats why I took the job! 

I got some of my stationery from their and some from storkie.

Whatever you do always sign up for the email club on the sites you ant to use.. make an email just for edding stuff if you must... every couple weeks you will get offers for 10%- 50% off and things like free thank you cards etc.  After you pick what you ant wait for a deal form that site!  Don't ait too long if they send you a good deal because the bigger percentages off tend to make it into their deal rotation less often.

Also if you just missed a deal they sent you try calling customer service... to save the sale sometimes they can meet you halfay and give you part of the expired deal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JoeAandEmilyKJoeAandEmilyK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Costco e-invite website.  They were a great price for the high quality that we received (thick cardstock, inner envelopes, raised printing, velum sheets).  Check them out! Also great prices on STDs.  
  • edited December 2011
    We used Peabody Papers for all our wedding papers. We did custom work using Envelopments. I believe they also do printing-only services. While we used all of their papers for the wedding day stuff, I found some faux bois paper I wanted to use for our rehearsal dinner, and I picked out the envelopes and backing and they did the printing- which also saved us money on the rehearsal dinner invites. They're flexible and creative.

They did a fabulous job on everything and were reasonably priced. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Igloo Letterpress in Worthington.  I can't wait to see how they turn out!
  • edited December 2011
    We ordered ours from a seller on Etsy; RessieGirl Designs.  I absolutely LOVE them and I have gotten so many compliments :) 

• edited December 2011
    If I hadn't gotten my invitations where I did, I wanted to mention that I met with Aubrennen's in Pickerington and the owner was very nice there.  She did a girl's wedding I know that was featured in Capital Style in the current issue; you can see their work in the magazine.  If I hadn't wanted to use letterpress, I would've probably picked them.  The website isn't that great, but the store is really cute and has other things.  

Seedlings looks very cool, PolarBearFans!  I didn't know about it.  Can you post a picture of your invitation?
  • amj&jwcamj&jwc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I started working with Stefanie from alternative hitches, we had a design and then I changed my mind, and went to set up another appointment with her... 3 months later, after 3 phone calls and 6 emails, no reply. I'm disappointed because I had heard so many great things about her. Unfortunately my experience hasn't been the same. 
    I guess now I have to someone else :(
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my invitations at Michael's w/several coupons.  Please go into a store and look at their selection b/c I was pleasantly surprised.  I found something in my exact color.  They ended being about $.80 a piece.  I found a local woman, Cassie, of How Inviting to print them for me and make a matching reception card.  She also makes invitations and she does beautiful work!  She's also VERY reasonable.  
  • fmburchamfmburcham member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     AUBRENEN'S  in Pickerington was the worst part of my wedding. The woman who runs it seems nice but my  invitations were terrible. I was embarrassed that I sent them out. I have since seem reviews of her on google and it appears others had the same problem. Just an FYI. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards