Illinois-Chicago

Art of Imagination??? or other draping/decor recs?

Hi ladies!
Has anyone worked with Art of Imagination?   I've scheduled 2 phone conferences with the owner through her assistant, and she no-call/no-showed for both of them without any followup.  I don't know if it's her or her assistant, but either way, I'm not sure what to do.  We're planning from out of state and I've had several highly recommended vendors not return my calls along the way.  So far I've just crossed those vendors off the list and looked elsewhere, but I keep reading all these unbelievable reviews of this company.  I can't believe they're the only people in town who know how to hang a drape from the ceiling.  Are they really that amazing, or are there any other companies I should look into?

Thanks for any recommendations-

Re: Art of Imagination??? or other draping/decor recs?

• edited December 2011
    A friend of mine used the meeting house, I believe they we're called. I think they are located in Chicago, or Elmhurst Illinois. I was at here wedding and they did a really good job. They did the drapes behind the head table, lighted, all the table clothes, chair covers.
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used:
    Evgeni Pritsker
    Prestige Wedding Decoration
    5050 Newport Dr., #2
    Rolling Meadows, IL  60008
    (800)875-1173 or (847)845-0901
    www.prestigeweddingdecoration.com

We had floor to ceiling drape and uplighting as a backdrop to our head table. It was under $800.
  • mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kehoe Designs is recommended on here and on weddingwire quite a bit. Good luck!
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    My daughter used .Elegant Event Lighting/Schaumburg.....Jay's work and ideas are excellent.  He provided some beautiful draping of both walls and ceilings.  His uplighting was beautiful.  

Our budget for this was limited but it was an important piece for my daughter and her fiance.  They told Jay what they wanted and the budget amount they had to work with.  Although they could not accomplish everything to the extent they wanted, Jay got them as close as possible to their "look" as possible within their budget.

He also suggested a few additional things "for a small additional amount", and although we liked his ideas, we had to stay true to the budget.  Jay accepted our decline gracefully and carried out the remainder of the decorating beautifully and "without sour grapes" that a bigger "sale" was not to be had.
  • lmg1115lmg1115 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_art-of-imagination-other-drapingdecor-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:9d6c69f4-a3b8-44b0-bbfc-ce6cf9c62c18Post:4b567c06-df95-4374-945c-16eec629ac01">Re: Art of Imagination??? or other draping/decor recs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used: Evgeni Pritsker Prestige Wedding Decoration 5050 Newport Dr., #2 Rolling Meadows, IL  60008 (800)875-1173 or (847)845-0901 <a href="http://www.prestigeweddingdecoration.com" rel='nofollow'>www.prestigeweddingdecoration.com</a> We had floor to ceiling drape and uplighting as a backdrop to our head table. It was under $800.
    Posted by aimers1525[/QUOTE]
    I second Evgeni from Prestige! I didn't have draping (though i saw his books and it looked lovely) but I did use him to rent my chivari chairs, table cloths, and napkins and he was AWESOME to work with and his prices were the most affordable out of all the companies I looked into. I checked with Meeting House and they were really expensive.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Yanni Design Studio for my wedding, their work is beautiful and they were pretty easy to work with. They are in Wheeling, IL and travel all over the Chicagoland area. One tip - always get the prices they quote you in writing, I had an issue over this, I wrote it down, but she did not and she told me a higher price when I asked for a contract. They fixed it, but it was a small snag I had to deal with. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards