Illinois-Chicago

planning a wedding within 6 weeks

Im 31 days into the planning.  This is not my first wedding but it is his and I am trying to make most of the decisions his.  I was just asked to marry him January 26th.  Two days later he wanted to go to the courthouse and I talked him out of it.  I told him we can have a nice, small, intimate event now and a big summer party with all our friends and extended family later.  Colors are purple, black and silver.  Only my daughter (13) and his best friend are standing up.  Our wedding is in a little chapel on a hill in the woods, in the morning (very early morning!).  We are having a brunch afterward at an Irish Cottage restaurant just down the street. No limo, no long/formal dress.  Our personalities are laid back, and we like to ride motorcycles.  We decided not to do the Harley Davidson theme, instead, wearing black leather blazers for the Groom and Best man, Im wearing my fiance's favorite color, purple knee length dress with a chiffon halter and crystal beading on the empire waist.  We picked out modern songs for our wedding, including Simple Man by Lynard Skynard for the memorial candle since his mother is no longer with us.

Re: planning a wedding within 6 weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards