Illinois-Chicago

Timothy Whaley and Associates

has anyboy used timothy whaley and associates for their wedding photography? If so what did you think and what package did you get? Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: Timothy Whaley and Associates

• kbogard5747kbogard5747 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with them and thought they were a little high on prices. Check out Modern Image Studios. I just booked them last week. Their prices are more reasonable and I LOVE the photos they have on their site. My cousin is getting married in November and booked with Timothy Whaley which was the first photographer she met with. She booked videography with Modern Image and said she wishes she would have booked photo with them as well.

Good luck! And cute picture. We have a pitbull too!
  • edited December 2011

They email me and told me that its around 1500 dollars. Is this not true?

• edited December 2011
    No, that's true. I went with them for my wedding and really, really liked them. They are very professional and are good at what they do. I met with a lot of other photographers before I met with them and thought the others were gimmicky and weren't understanding me and just trying to get me to buy a book. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_timothy-whaley-associates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:ad2e8dd2-4790-4331-b0c0-3ff61f4ee72fPost:e41775d0-152e-4258-ad1e-347ec323afde">Re: Timothy Whaley and Associates</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, that's true. I went with them for my wedding and really, really liked them. They are very professional and are good at what they do. I met with a lot of other photographers before I met with them and thought the others were gimmicky and weren't understanding me and just trying to get me to buy a book. 
    Posted by MyWedding13[/QUOTE]

Which package did you get? there is one that in 1299... that is the one we are thinking of getting...
  • kbogard5747kbogard5747 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the one that is for $1299 is only 8 hours and i was afraid that wouldn't be enough time. the next package up is 12 hours and is priced $1899. if you book that day they give it to you for $1749...and she wanted to give me an extra $300 off on top of that. 

i wish i could just give you the folder!
  • edited December 2011
    Dang! I think im going to go with the 8 hour one. I do not want pictures of me getting ready!!!  so i figure that should be enough time and my reception and ceremony are in the same room so there is no time in between! Thank so much for the info!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I was the first to book my date so I got the 12 hour package for 1500. 
  • rombacjarombacja member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using TWA - they seem amazing so far. They are a little more expensive, but I think totally worth it!
  • HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if you have finalized yet but...

I highly recommend my photographer Matthew Kuehl.  He does a bit of the photojournalistic style.  He is incredibly professional and amazing at his work.  His prices are great, he arrives early, and etc.  etc. etc.  Matthew is there the day of the event and he is your photographer.  Unlike some places where you have no idea who will be there that day.  He posted a preview album on facebook in less than a week and I had the cd and rights to the photos in a month.

I recommend checking him out.

http://www.kuehlphoto.com/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I've loved using them for weddings I've planned with friends. I think that you get your sitting fees free for life too, once you have your wedding shot with them. Their offices in Lombard are really nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards