Illinois-Chicago
Options

ceremony site

My FH and I are looking for a ceremony location in the South Suburbs.  We are not church people. We may have our reception site narrowed down, but they do not offer a ceremony location. Any ideas!?  Thanks!
Sept. 13 March Siggy Challenge: hair inspiration
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ceremony site

• Options
    edited May 2012
    There is Wayside Chapel in Palos or the Barber and Oberwartman Horticulture Center in Joliet at Pilcher Park. Pilcher Park is actually right of I 80 at Gougar. If you need something in doors, DiNolfos in Homer Glen has a chapel. But I believe this is only for people booking a reception. The hall is gorgeous.
  • Options
    ncwenzencwenze member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_ceremony-site?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:ad71d508-276b-449e-af66-ff4dfe8eea0cPost:58af2624-0c0b-43f7-9c47-604e2c3e59a5">Re: ceremony site</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is Wayside Chapel in Palos or the Barber and Oberwartman Horticulture Center in Joliet at Pilcher Park. Pilcher Park is actually right of I 80 at Gougar. If you need something in doors, DiNolfos in Homer Glen has a chapel. But I believe this is only for people booking a reception. The hall is gorgeous.
    Posted by TeresaS1027[/QUOTE]

i was going to recommend wayside chapel. its a small, beautiful chapel at the top of a hill. really nice and not "churchy"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    MayboneMaybone member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    My FH thinks it's too "churchy". They do offer an outside service though, so it's still a possibility. Thanks for the help.  Keep all suggestions coming. We've looked into Lake Katherine, and have thought about using a country club that we aren't planning our reception at. 

We like Palos CC, but the room was SO small, and didn't really have room to setup a band, which we are planning to have. We are on a budget, 45-55 pp, 130 people. We are still willing to look at reception sites that offer ceremonies on hand that fall into our budget. Thanks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What about Midlothian Country Club or Silver Lakes in Orland?
  • Options
    MayboneMaybone member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Silver Lake CC is WAY out of our budget, but I'm in love with it and really wish I could win the lottery or something  It's one of the CC we are thinking of having just the ceremony at. I'll look at the other one.  Thanks!
  • Options
    emmily429emmily429 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    You have to be a member of Midlothian CC in order to have ANYTHING there. That or you have to find someone to sponsor you. Its about half a million to become a member haha. I looked into it because its literally a block from our home! edit Have you looked at Chteau Busche in Alsip? They have a pretty room my mom got married in.
  • Options
    I attended a ceremony at Wayside Chapel and it was nice but it gets crowded so if you think a lot of your guests will attend the ceremony then you may want to rethink that. I looked into it myself and the price wasn't bad but I'm looking for ceremony/reception at same venue because my FH and I are not churchy either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards